The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Clinton to replace Biden due to made up health problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Leon
Bird IS the word
Papa oom mow mow!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by AJochum
First of all, why would they do such a thing - Biden is going to eat up Palin in the debates. I would bet my remaining stock market assets that this is bull - or should I say "bear".
+1

Biden is going to rip Palin a new one in the VP debate. Hands down win for Biden.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Founding Member

You know I hate to hijack this thread but the other day Bob Dylan on XM channel 2 told a really interesting story as to how that song came from two songs. One was Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow, which was some type of bird that a R&B group the Rivingtons(I think) wrote a song about. Ole Bob comes up with some really good background stories for songs on his show.

Anyway we all know it's the word. Maybe that's where Word Up came from.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:23 PM

Won't happen. Bill Clinton is on McCains side. Obama is an Idiot and the worse thing since WWII.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Won't happen. Bill Clinton is on McCains side. Obama is an Idiot and the worse thing since WWII.
What, Clinton is on Obama's side.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Founding Member

Bill is on Bill's side.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
What, Clinton is on Obama's side.
When Obama played the race card against Bill, it was over. The media portion is one thing but the way he talks about McCain and Palin tells a different story.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
OK.. Let's see. Obama is a Harvard Law School Graduate. Head of Law Review. He has more intelligence than anyone I know and probably more than most in Washington. Exactly how (and specifically) can you say he is an "idiot". More to the point, how in the world could you say "Bill Clinton is on McCain's side". Did you watch the Democratic Convention? Have you heard them talk in the news? Bill Clinton is campaigning for Obama as I write this.

My daughter is in law school and at the top of her class. I can tell you she works literally 16-18 hours a day. It is extremely difficult and only the brightest can get through it. She is extremely intelligent, but even there I doubt she has the extra 10% that Obama has. Think about it - who do you know that could be President of the United States? How about Vice President - who, including those on tap today, are really capable of understanding all that goes on. I personally don't know a Shiite from a Sunni, but I dam well want someone with the raw intelligence to figure it out.

I realize we probably shouldn't get too political around here, but I sadly have come to the conclusion that this is quietly about race - and that's a sad state of affairs as far as I am concerned. This is probably one of the most difficult times for our country in the past 60 years and we truly need educated people who can stop some of the greed of Wall Street and lack of regulation enforcement. Take a look at your 401Ks, your stock values, where we have gone in the past 8 years. And you say Obama is an idiot?

Remember the 90s? Those were the days of a glowing and growing economy. The past 8 years have been filled with housing prices that have been ready to burst and our government and regulators have just let it happen - loans approved without any valid reason - realtors telling people to take 30 year interest-only loans (as the property will only go up in value). Most importantly, the Lehman Brothers, Morgan Stanley's, AIGs, all ignoring the signs of future problems. Meanwhile, the CEOs earning $15,000,000 a year. Now, the failures, and guess who is bailing them out - you and me.

We should be up in arms over what has happened in this administration.

As a final note, I hope everyone notices how "The Idiot" Obama early in the game spoke out, just like Bill Cosby did to kids throughout this country, telling them that anyone can produce a child, but it takes a man to take care of his family. He took a lot of heat from the black community, but he had the guts to do it (and I might add he was certainly talking to whites as well with those words). You might even call it "family values".

Yet, Obama is an idiot! And sure, let's add chrome to our taillights....
Old 09-24-2008, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by AJochum
He has more intelligence than anyone I know and probably more than most in Washington.
How many people do you know? If it is only 2 or 3 that doesn't support your argument

I think you are taking a simple everyday comment that a lot of people use to describe someone they aren't fond of and turning it into a factual statement

Anyone who is at that level did not get there by being stupid...maybe no common sense but not stupid

And just for good measure since everyone seems to be blaming this administration for the mortgage crisis and allowing loans to people who have no business having them........

It was none other than everyones hero Slick Willy that pushed his vision of everyone living the American dream and being able to own their own home. Because of his "vision", borrowing guidelines were relaxed under his watch and every crackhead and his brother was able to secure a mortgage that they had no business ever having in the first place.

So let's put the blame where it belongs for that issue

NObama in 08

Goose
Old 09-24-2008, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
+1

Biden is going to rip Palin a new one in the VP debate. Hands down win for Biden.

And you know this because..........??????? Plagiarizer Joe is one roll of the eyes or one perceived sexist comment away from going up in flames

And with the amount of yapping that blowhard does odds are he will say something that comes back to kick him in the jimmies

Are people really that excited about Joe Biden???? Seriously???? In 2 tries for President he garnered less than 1% of the vote combined

And Obama picked him for what reason?? Oh yeah...because he has no foreign policy experience(Barry) Sort of the same thing that people are harping about Palin on....but 1 of them is running for President and the other is not. BUT one half of that seems to be forgotten...only Palin is brought up not NoBama

Goose

Quick Reply: Clinton to replace Biden due to made up health problem?