The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

For College/High School students - Grades?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 06:30 PM

Oh yeah - great job! I miss my college days.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:49 PM

My boys had another successful semester. One is carrying a 3.4 in Mechanical Engineering at U. of Florida and the other is happy with a 2.6 in Systems Engineering at AFA. He says the classes are that hard. Good thing that academy scholarship is almost guaranteed!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 PM

I taught night classes for 3 years at the Tech College after graduating there in 92
Old 01-04-2007, 07:31 AM

I have been on the Honor Roll all of my Academic career, that means A's and B's.On 8 of my report cards I got straight A's.

Last edited by O6ChevyHHR; 01-04-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:12 AM

Let me just say I'm glad to be done with school! As of the Spring semester of last year, I am done with my MPA (Masters in Public Administration). I did quite well - I can't remember every grade, but I did graduate Summa Cum Laude for my Masters (3.90 GPA) and Magna Cum Laude (3.69 GPA) for my undergraduate BA in English - both from A.S.U.
Congrats to all - and for those of you completely done with school forever - HOORAY!!!
:twothumbs
Old 01-04-2007, 08:36 PM

That's outstanding PhxHHR!

I always enjoyed attending school but stopped at an AA when I found out Florida required me to have 2 years of a foreign language in high school to go on. Since I had graduated 20 years prior, that was out of the question and learning a language gets harder as you get older. Arthritic hands won't even allow learning sign language.

I have since found out there are so many other ways to learn. My father is one of the smartest people I know and never attended college. He spends his retirement days reading and is still learning. The internet is a wonderful thing, especially for the elderly with limited mobility!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:47 PM

Going Back To Be A Educator

High School History Teacher Major. Last semester 4 As & 1 A-, gave me a 3.98 GPA out of 4.0. This came witha lot of hard work!!
P.S. This is my 3rd degree(never thought I could say that)
Old 01-04-2007, 09:59 PM

Strat Man, that's awesome that you have three degrees! I'd like to be a professional student, that would be incredible! I'm trying to decide if I go back within a year whether I should do my Master's in Reservoir Characterization (a joint Geology and Engineer program) or maybe go to Law school. I'd also like to do biogenetic engineering but that would be tons of work.

What degrees have you done before this one?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
That's outstanding PhxHHR!

I always enjoyed attending school but stopped at an AA when I found out Florida required me to have 2 years of a foreign language in high school to go on. Since I had graduated 20 years prior, that was out of the question and learning a language gets harder as you get older.
I have an AA in nursing (got it 18 years ago), I think I had around a 3.5 GPA. I am thinking about going back to get my BS in nursing. Not really sure why as I will not get anymore money at my present job with it but maybe on down the road I might want it to teach (would be easier to teach than what I do now in my older years......).

We have a bunch of smart people here.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by TCRNCOB
I have an AA in nursing (got it 18 years ago), I think I had around a 3.5 GPA. I am thinking about going back to get my BS in nursing. Not really sure why as I will not get anymore money at my present job with it but maybe on down the road I might want it to teach (would be easier to teach than what I do now in my older years......).

We have a bunch of smart people here.
There is a wonderful university (sixth largest in the country) right in your back yard that is in the process of elevating their nursing school into a full-blown college...okay that was a shameless plug for UCF (my employer) ...it is really a great place to work and study though.

Quick Reply: For College/High School students - Grades?