The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Confusing the neighbors, Enterprise style...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Deceased

Smile Confusing the neighbors, Enterprise style...

Picked up my rental HHR for the trip north tomorrow, and it isn't even maroon, that breaks a streak of maroon rentals going back quite a while. While I was airing up the tires, thanks Enterprise for checking that, one of the neighbors wandered over. "Not another one of those things, how many do you need?", well you can never have enough I told him, he left shaking his head.

I like the color, but with only 19k on the clock this little critter has led a hard life. Cigarette burns in the seats and one on the dash(ugh), more rattles than a convention of rattle snakes, and an interesting desire to turn left in a quick stop. In other words, we'll be having fun with it on our 1400 mile trip, lots of fun. Here's a pic, it really doesn't look bad until you get close or sight down the sides, I stopped counting at 20 dings on the driver's side.
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Banned

Sounds like it has lead about as hard of a life as mine.
btw, isn't enterprise a no smoking rental car company like most if not all?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:18 PM

Enterprise's inspection sheet must look like a football play diagram......
Old 03-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Deceased

It goes, it stops, the lights work, so does the radio...so it meets the basic requirements of a rental. The critter does remind me of the cabs I drove in college, feels a bit like spare parts flying in loose formation. I think I figured out the source of most of the rattles, you can't open the rear passenger door from either inside or outside, I think things fell apart in the door.

And to answer Kevin's question, Enterprise rentals are supposed to be non smoking, it even has a no smoking plug rammed into the cig lighter hole. But that doesn't stop someone from lighting up on the road, at least it doesn't smell like an ashtray.

But you know what, its an HHR so its all good.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Platinum Member

Sounds like you would be safer using one of yours, no ?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:40 PM

I bought my HHR last Friday after renting a silver one from Enterprise for two weeks because the engine in my wife's Cadillac blew up.
The HHR rental had 9000 miles on it and drove so nice, it convinced me I had to have one.
It was kind of funny how as the rental agent went over the checklist, I got in the HHR just as he mentioned the car was a non-smoking car. The car absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. A few nights in my garage with the windows down took the edge off the smell but it still stank.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Platinum Member

Congrats on the new ride !!!

As you know a used car salesman will say about anything he may think you wanna hear..

a change of the cabin air filter will help with the cig smell.... Some throw 'dryer sheets' under the seats for a fresh smell..

Me I just clean it..& use Pledge on the dash & door panels. Lemony fresh..
Old 03-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Banned

And the dash vent scent clips help! gratz on your new ride!
Old 03-12-2011, 12:00 AM

That's funny! I had a red rental for about a week recently, and boy, I just barely drove it into the driveway when the first neighbor came running outside saying, "What happened?" With these funny-looking little cars, you're just bound to be noticed, and 2 makes it even more obvious.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Platinum Member

Talking

Did you tell the neighbor, you were collecting them ?

Quick Reply: Confusing the neighbors, Enterprise style...