The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Cruise strip/street racing is here again

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 06:46 PM

Cruise strip/street racing is here again

Not promoting street racing but in my city like most have a place where people meet up weekly mines called Hwy 100.
I went last weekend used to go at random before but,being gone for awhile reminds me how old I am,just wanted to share this with forum.
I took my hhr ss which could have took faster car but I'm digging the hhr and didn't plan on racing,(ya sometimes I can't help it I'm trying though).
This place is nice say its about 10 miles was 100's of cars winter was hard on us sure they were itching to get out.It was a spot all muscle car would be now its 85 percent tuners,I could not believe how much racing was going on they usually stay in groups,so its kinda hard for coppers to pick one out,some just going all out racing.Nice place to do burners or get on it without being pulled or not looking like a a** in the street cause everybody is doing it.I just stayed under radar and cruise it back and worth checking the action.
Think my racing days are over,when your constantly worried about safety you know your old it gets little dangerous being grouped up with a bunch of h/p around you/younger gen.
It's really fun to see the cars being out,it happens every weekend think ill head out there more,it really close to my house,I live on hwy 100 just other side of town take 6 min to get there..
Lots of foreign cars which I will not drive/buy but I do admire their work and cars.I don't knock them either young drivers being out there,wild,grown people to just as bad,puts a smile on my face.
I've done WAY worst,got bad rap sheet I'm a slow learner but its my time.
Anyhow post your cruise/street stip.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:51 PM
Platinum Member

WARNING.....sarcasm intended.....

I sure hope whoever posts to this thread does so, a little more intelligently (man, you need to learn how to write sentences and paragraphs). Or, maybe you were drinking too much adult beverage.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy

I sure hope whoever posts to this thread does so, a little more intelligently (man, you need to learn how to write sentences and paragraphs). Or, maybe you were drinking too much adult beverage.
Lol didn't know this was a English test,its a car forum reality my friend wake up!i do ten things at once,and making post responding on forums don't care much about proper sentences it's not in forum rules I'll be judged on my sentences.
Forum not very active maybe I go elsewhere.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:24 AM

Lol didn't know this was a English test,its a car forum reality my friend wake up!
Old 04-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Platinum Member

Whacky Tobaccy ??????

Did notice your other posts were more coherent. This was really different.

Anyway, just trying to help. Do what you want (obviously).
Old 04-08-2014, 11:25 AM

Whacky Tobaccy ??????

I just don't understand why some folks feel that just because it's a __________ forum there is no need to write clearly. Do they speak gibberish when they talk about their hobby in person?
Old 04-08-2014, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member

Yes it is an English test. LOL Well it isn't anywhere near as bad as this one (and she too got offended when it was suggested she make it a little easier to read):

Hello! HHR- Heritage High Roof OR Horrible Hoop Ride?? I recently purchased (6 months ago) a "Used GM Certified" 2006 Chevy HHR from my local Chevrolet dealership. Currently, I am having a problem with my passenger air bag light going on & off, as well as problems with the electric power steering. I have found that there was a recall on this Airbag situation. Recall # 06V417000. Does anyone know if this recall would apply to me, for these two reasons?- 1. I purchased a Leather kit the day I purchased the car, & leather was put into my HHR 3 days later. 2. I purchased the HHR used. See, I am not sure of the recall rules. Now, another question about the Power Steering; My power steering keeps (now kept) locking up and the dashboard warning sign & ding will (would) come on & the steering will (would) be tough. When I turn (turned) the HHR off, everything will (would) go back to normal. Yesterday, I went to drive my HHR & found that my 6 month old battery was dead, we jumped the HHR off & my Power Steering went out completely, still out hints all the (woulds), lol. I had my battery checked at Advanced Auto Parts (who also use the HHR's) & it was a great above average life battery. AAP guy who read battery, said that he can see how the PWR STR made the battery die, but said I do NOT need to replace the battery, the ELEC PWR STR is the problem here. Guy at Chevy told me if I wanted my PWR STR back, I'd have to change battery. Guy at repair shop told me to unhook battery cables & leave it sit (I am tempted to try the "reset" battery option but also scared I will mess something else up). I was told by Main 800# 4 Chevy/GM guy that I need to have a diagnostic test done at MY EXPENSE to find the mystery problem (even though I have 2 warranties on it right now and this is obviously a faulty part on their behalf). Why can't they just admit that they know whats wrong and fix it for me? I have *heard* that GM has had a lawsuit with the makers of this Electric Power Steering "part", & that the 06 Chevy Cobalt’s were recalled because of this same issue. As I understand the Cobalt & the HHR use the same "part". Also, I have a copy of a letter sent to Canadian residents who purchased the Chevy HHR, that states that GM will replace this power steering issue. Why wouldn't the HHR be considered in the recall with the Cobalt? <and> Why wouldn't the people who purchased a 06 Chevy HHR in the United States get a letter from GM stating that they too as well could get their Power Steering problems fixed? My main concern at this point is the SAFETY of my 8 year old daughter. My HHR has less than 5,000 miles left on my bumper to bumper warranty & I can't afford to be bringing this HHR in every month (like I've been doing) for repairs. Since my purchase of this vehicle, I have had several visits to the dealership concerning these problems with my HHR. Such as; Airbag lights flickering on & off, Power steering problem mentioned above, Steering wheel (when going over large bumps or adjusting the steering column) will lock up & car shuts off parked or WHILE DRIVING (hello danger), ALL of lights flickering on & off inside & outside of car (and yes even headlights at night on interstate or going 65mph down a dark cntry rd at night with tons of dear), A smell coming through the middle vents when A/C is on (can't use A/C smell is irritating if that makes sense, not bad stinky but a sweet, odd smell), Rattling (loose parts) sound coming from the front of the HHR underneath. That's not even all, but that's the main of it. One thing after another. I guess all in all I am trying to find out if this 2006 HHR recall for the leather kits being installed in the HHR causing the Airbag sensors to be messed up, applies to me (a GM certified used car owner). Also, I would like to know, if there has been any change in the United States owners for the Electric Power Steering repairs to the HHR? Is the 06 Cobalt part the same as the 06 HHR? If so, why not recall both vehicles? I'm sad I will be happy if this recall would apply to me! Give me some good news peeps!! PLEASE! Thanks in advanced from:
Old 04-08-2014, 12:29 PM

Whacky Tobaccy ??????

Wow maybe I have a learning disability,I feel like slow kid at school being picked on,cause I'm slow and being bullied.
Didn't your ma Ma's ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything,this is why the world is **** people puffing thier chest out"I'm better then you"
Old 04-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member

well, this sure went south in a hurry.

No, you are not being picked on - people are just trying to help you understand that the easier it is to read your postings, the more people will enjoy it, and therefore jump into the dialogue.

I noticed the same thing that snoopy mentioned that other posts were more coherent - we often notice that when one is posting via a cell phone - and you should see how mine deteriorate when I use a tablet (not good at all sometimes).

But if you don't agree, or don't want to go down that road - it's your prerogative.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:27 PM

Here's why grammar is important:

http://blogs.hbr.org/2013/03/good-gr...ld-be-everyon/

Essentially, in a text based format, your intelligence is judged on your usage of the language

Quick Reply: Cruise strip/street racing is here again