The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Customer Service? HA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 04:20 PM

Thumbs down Customer Service? HA!

You know in this tough economy how important it is to keep customers and get new ones, right? So you would think a GM car dealership would be doing ALL they could to keep people happy, right? Well, I'll tell you what... I will NEVER buy a car from Al Serra, based on one simple thing that happened to me today.

My friends and I had went shopping and went to lunch at Panera Bread in Grand Blanc. At the dealership we saw a few Camaros sitting out front, so I stopped to look at them. We were looking at them, doing nothing wrong, when the alarm starts going off. I looked up at the dealer window to see THEM setting it off, trying to scare us away. Then the doors locked on the car. They never came out to see what we were doing or anything, they just assumed we were no good and locked them all on us. So, I went in to ask them why. All he came up with was some lame excuse that the doors needed to be locked on those, and they had forgot to do it..was nothing to do with us.... Sure, sure... It's not like were weren't decent looking people, and I even was driving my car, which is a 2006 HHR, so it's not like we didn't have a nicer car or anything. They lost possible future business...because when I go shopping for my next car, I WILL NOT even consider going to Al Serra. And you know how I am with buying cars.... Just because of our age does not hinder us from buying a brand new car. What if I'm rich? My dad is buying it for me? Or maybe I simply CAN afford a $23,000 Camaro? They need to THINK before they just blow some CUSTOMERS off. Sure, I wasn't looking to buy THIS TIME, but there's always a next car. A next car that they won't be selling me.

Last edited by urbexHHR; 06-19-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: What? Can't belive I spelled CAMARO wrong!!
Old 06-19-2009, 04:32 PM

I hear ya dude. Its a shame. Now you know why people are so pissed off about bailing out such lame service. Oh BTW; its Camaro not Camero.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:38 PM

yeah it is sad when dealer mess with ppl. they like to mess with the younger ppl because they think they don't have no time but to just look at cars. and by the way the new camaros looks like a mustang get banged by a charger there ugly!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned

It's tough being young. I remember those days when I was 20-22 years old and NOBODY would help me out at a car lot until I went inside looking for it. Now I leisurely stroll up to a new 'maro and they won't leave me alone. I think they can smell the bar card in my wallet.

I think a more appropriate resolution would be to call the general manager of the dealership and air your grievances with him.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by intofocuszx3
yeah it is sad when dealer mess with ppl. they like to mess with the younger ppl because they think they don't have no time but to just look at cars. and by the way the new camaros looks like a mustang get banged by a charger there ugly!!!
And the award for the most ignorant post of the day goes too...

Go look at some pictures of a new Mustang, then look at some pictures of the first-gen Camaros and tell me who's copying who.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
It's tough being young. I remember those days when I was 20-22 years old and NOBODY would help me out at a car lot until I went inside looking for it. Now I leisurely stroll up to a new 'maro and they won't leave me alone. I think they can smell the bar card in my wallet.

I think a more appropriate resolution would be to call the general manager of the dealership and air your grievances with him.
Oh, I'm writing a letter... Nothing nasty, but I'm going to be sure they know that they have lost a potential customer, and I will list that I do own 3 cars so they know I'm not just messing with them.

It's a shame my local dealer went out of business. Since I was 16 and first got my license, the salesman that I ended up buying from would let me test drive ANYTHING, whenever I wanted. I'd just walk in and ask for the keys. Heck, he never even photocopied my drivers license or anything. And look what he got out of it, a sale. (He would have gotten more had they not closed....)

But yes, a letter WILL be written...
Old 06-20-2009, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Oh, I'm writing a letter... Nothing nasty, but I'm going to be sure they know that they have lost a potential customer, and I will list that I do own 3 cars so they know I'm not just messing with them.

It's a shame my local dealer went out of business. Since I was 16 and first got my license, the salesman that I ended up buying from would let me test drive ANYTHING, whenever I wanted. I'd just walk in and ask for the keys. Heck, he never even photocopied my drivers license or anything. And look what he got out of it, a sale. (He would have gotten more had they not closed....)

But yes, a letter WILL be written...
Send a copy to General Motors Headquarters too. I'm sure someone there will speak with them.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:50 AM

Just wait until GM (government motors) takes over. The dealers will just cry they aren't selling cars and Government Motors will bail them out. I have been greatly disapointed with customer service of late with car dealerships. The sales staff is quite ignorant about the cars they sell and service is a thing of the past.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:08 AM

Makes you want to go all "Pretty Woman" on them. You know the scene I'm talking about, dont you? The scene where Julia Roberts goes to the upscale clothing boutique and no one would help her because she looked like a hooker. She later gets her revenge when she returns to the boutique dressed to the hilt and gets waited on only to tell them no thanks.
Had something similar happen to me (the customer service part, not the hooker part ) when looking at an Acura Dealership. They didn't seem too interested in selling me a vehicle so I went down the road and bought an Infiniti instead. Their loss, not mine.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:15 AM

i've had some of the same issues here with my local dealer.. i have bought two brand new vehicles from them already since i turned 16.. so when i go there and I get a salesmen whose a @$$ , I just ask for the manager or I get ugly with him and leave.. I always shove it in there face that.. "hey buddy, ive already bought two new vehicles here, way to lose a sale". But i have bought my two cars their from the same salesmen, so now i just call him before I go up there to make sure he can help me.

Quick Reply: Customer Service? HA!