The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Customer Service? HA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 08:16 AM

My 19 year old son sometimes goes through the same issues at some dealerships. He's already discriminating on which dealer he will buy his Cobalt SS from once he has his down payment saved up. So much for those dealers who underestimate the will of young people. These dealerships often lose lifetime customers.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:26 AM

It's ridiculous. I had some crap happen when I was buying my car that completely turned me away from my local dealership. I was seriously thinking about trading my car in on a 2008 SS until they just sat inside and stared at me. I'd be more than happy to drive 30-40 miles to the next chevy dealership after that.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
It's tough being young. I remember those days when I was 20-22 years old and NOBODY would help me out at a car lot until I went inside looking for it. Now I leisurely stroll up to a new 'maro and they won't leave me alone. I think they can smell the bar card in my wallet.

I think a more appropriate resolution would be to call the general manager of the dealership and air your grievances with him.
Yup, I've had this exact problem when i was 22 and Bought a Brand New Saturn Vue. Nobody would help me i must have stood around and walked around the dealer for 30mins,before finally i got mad and went to the customer service desk and asked them if there was a Dealer Present. Which there was about 5 of them all B.Sing in the Corner.

I guess know its penske's problem.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
I guess know its penske's problem.

Yeah, and the guy that owns the Al Serra dealership is buying Saturn with Penske....

Oh, and Dayton...I LOVE that movie!!!

And yes, I think I will be sending a copy to General Motors as well.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:33 AM

Does anyone know who I would contact at the GM headquarters? I found the name of the salesperson on the Al Serra website, and I also see the General Manager. I'd still like to send a letter to the General Manager, with a carbon copy to whoever I need to send it to at the GM headquarters.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:48 AM

obama

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Does anyone know who I would contact at the GM headquarters? I found the name of the salesperson on the Al Serra website, and I also see the General Manager. I'd still like to send a letter to the General Manager, with a carbon copy to whoever I need to send it to at the GM headquarters.
send it to obama...
Old 06-20-2009, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Makes you want to go all "Pretty Woman" on them. You know the scene I'm talking about, dont you? The scene where Julia Roberts goes to the upscale clothing boutique and no one would help her because she looked like a hooker. She later gets her revenge when she returns to the boutique dressed to the hilt and gets waited on only to tell them no thanks.
Had something similar happen to me (the customer service part, not the hooker part ) when looking at an Acura Dealership. They didn't seem too interested in selling me a vehicle so I went down the road and bought an Infiniti instead. Their loss, not mine.
You bought a WHAT!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:03 PM

300 Renaissance Ctr
Detroit, MI 48243-1402, United States
(313) 556-5000

Here it is... C/O Customer Service.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:30 PM

From my dealings with GM... they will not care if dealers are mistreating customers... they are so worried about having a job the next week... now I am not talking about alll the employees at GM just the handful that ive dealt with .
Old 06-20-2009, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
You bought a WHAT!
An Infiniti and by far received the greatest customer service I ever received prior to and after purchase. My 2nd HHR was not purchased at the same dealership as my 1st. Why? Customer Service.

Quick Reply: Customer Service? HA!