The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Customer Service? HA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 07:58 AM

When I was looking to buy my HHR (used) a couple months ago I had been searching a while. I found one online and talked to the internet sales department via email and phone. I had an appointment to test drive the car with the salesperson for 7pm on a Friday night. She even called that day to confirm. When I get there, she's gone for the day and it takes a half hour to find someone to take her place. I was two seconds from walking out when he came strolling up with some excuse about "oh..they were supposed to call me when you got here". There was literally NO ONE around this place. It was dark and like a ghost town. The HHR WAS sitting right in front and had been brought up but this guy was apparently the only one with the keys. ?
Anyway, to make a long story even longer..we go on our test drive and we like the car. We get back and tell the guy..ok..we like the car and we'd like to make you an offer. He gets this confused look on his face and says "what do you mean?". I tell him again I'd like to make on offer to which he replies.."I don't understand what you mean?". This goes back and forth several times and then he finally says that the "internet price" is fixed and there is no negotiation. I asked him why there is a big "MAKE AN OFFER" button right on his website right next to the posted internet price? His only reply was.."That's the price. Take it or leave it" I left it. I contacted the salesperson I had originally dealt with the next day and her only response was "gee..I'm sorry we couldn't accomodate your requirements". They didn't TRY to accomodate them or even find out what my requirements WERE. It was a "take it or leave it" attitude.
I turned in a complaint to the BBB for deceptive business practices....posting a price with "make an offer" but then not accepting any offers other than the posted price.
Then I proceeded to continue my search and found the EXACT same car..same options, condition, mileage.... for $1300 less than the first dealer wanted at a dealership about 100 miles away. I gladly drove the 100 miles and did business with them.
It's no wonder car dealers and manufacturers are in trouble.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:51 AM

Car salesmen are just politicians in training. Never met one that was'nt a liar.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by tireman1554
Car salesmen are just politicians in training. Never met one that was'nt a liar.
I've always felt the same way.....
Old 07-10-2009, 10:28 AM

Well, I just got a call this morning from a lady at GM regarding my letter. Of course I was sleeping (late night last night) so I only got a message. She will call back tomorrow.... So we'll see what happens! Must be the "New GM" at work!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Founding Member

Sorry to say that I feel an apology and nothing more coming.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by tireman1554
Old 07-10-2009, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Yeah, I'm not expecting much more... I was just surprised if I'd even get that....
Old 07-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
I dunno...they may just give him a free oil change or new Camaro...
Old 07-10-2009, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
I dunno...they may just give him a free oil change or new Camaro...
They might as well give me a new car.... I mean, just put it down as a loss for "Old GM"....
Old 07-10-2009, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
They might as well give me a new car.... I mean, just put it down as a loss for "Old GM"....
I like this! I might also replace my Astro and get a new Acadia or a new Terrain.

Quick Reply: Customer Service? HA!