The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Dale jr leaving DEI

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 09:10 PM

Chicago Auto show Pic..

I saw the Earnhart car (I think about a week) before the crash. (see date on pic.)
Since this is at the autoshow, I doubt if it is "THE" car or one even driven recently , but it was one of "HIS" cars...
I watched that race, pretty much turned the tv off afterwards, my guy Sterling hadn`t won, Dodge hadn`t won, D.W. was crying over Mikey`s win, I`d had enough...
So I`m surfing later about news time, and heard the news about Dale, I darn near fell over, Unbelievable, after all the crashes during the race, Tony up side down, cars everywhere, this seemingly mild crash (by comparision) had claimed the life of the "Intimidator".
Unbelievable.
Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2007, 10:20 PM

BTW, regarding sponsorship, where Junior goes, Budweiser follows. Their contract is with Junior personally, not with DEI.

that is not true bud contract is with DEI with a side note to not renew if Dale jr is not the driver. NAPA was with M.W.

NASCAR owns the rights to all numbers, The 3 is still asigned to R.C.R. he has payed the fee all along for the #3. Untill he stops it will stay with R.C.R. All the talk is that BUD will go with Dale jr. In two or three weeks or after the ALL STAR race we will know where/what JR is going to do
P.S. BUD have a deal with JR but not as team sponsor that is with DEI.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:59 AM

I still don`t understand why a pre-switch press conference was even necessary.
He still has to drive this year, which isn`t 50% done, and there is a lot of things that can happen between now and the end of this season.
Tommorow isn`t promised, and one crash could change everything.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Goose
#8 was his grandfathers number so I think he will stay with that and preserve 3 for "The Man"

I was traveling from San Diego to San Francisco and was staying overnight at Moffat Field when I got word of his death....I was a rabid NASCAR fan before then.....not really so much any more...really do not like any of the new drivers at all..all clones..

Goose
Goose, do you mean AVID?
Old 05-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Banned

Nothing like a little domestic squabble to stir the pot in an otherwise boring NASCAR season. Gordo's going to win the Cup again and everyone--drivers, owners, and fans alike, all hate TCOT. Hendrick's going to sweep the races and Ford, Dodge, and Toyota are going to get left in the dust.

DEI is dead. Stick a fork in 'em. Only merchandising of The Intimidator's corpse and a few car lots are going to keep that wicked witch fed.

Disclaimer: I rarely watch or keep up with NASCAR. This is what I've gleaned from living in Southeast Missourah for five months. I'm more of a ChampCar and F1 fan :)
Old 05-11-2007, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Goose, do you mean AVID?
I guess I could have used that....but I used to foam at the mouth watching #3 race...well maybe that was the beer..umm..hummm..aww never mind

Goose
Old 05-11-2007, 05:56 PM

The history between Jr and Teresa Earnhardt was not good and when Jr. wanted the controllng interest in DEI I figured that the team was not going to survive. I think that it will be RCR that Jr. turns to, but never in a No. 3 car (which RCR does own). The news conference has many features, one to get the Jr. fans reenergized, as his season has started terribly, two to bring a bit of that wrestling squabble flavor to NASCAR's rather boring season so far and finally to make it know that one of the biggest drivers and his sponsor are shopping for a new deal...As for Teresa Earnhardt, she is out to prove that she is strong enough to run "the team that Dale and I have built"...that was the most interesting quote of this story...
Old 05-12-2007, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
I'm more of a ChampCar and F1 fan :)
Old 05-12-2007, 05:25 PM

I have an inside source ( crew cheif RCR). The deal was done last October. Jr in a black GM number3 car at Daytona. If you want to know the truth Kelly is the best Earnhardt driver out of the kids. She could spank them boys like you wouldn't believe. Jr could win if he had a winning car. If he had anything less he was going to wreck. (somethings never change even after 7 driving schools).