The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Dale-The Movie 6 DVD Collector Set

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:09 PM

Dale-The Movie 6 DVD Collector Set

When I went Christmas shopping at Walmart today they had the Dale The Movie collector tin and DVD collection for $19.96. Needless to say, I snatched one up without a second thought. This is a must have for any NASCAR fan and would make a great Christmas present.

Merry Christmas to Me from Me.

Here's what you get.

Name:  0009736852186_500x500.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  48.0 KB

Letter of Authenticity from Teresa Earndhart & Richard Childress
Commemorative 1998 Daytona 500 Ticket
1998 Daytona 500 Race Report
1999 Daytona 500 Program Cover
DALE #3 Decal
6 Discs full of Dale's greatest moments in racing and much more!

Narrated by Paul Newman, this limited edition DVD set is an extraordinary collection of Dale's greatest moments in racing as well as an intimate portrait of the man himself. Told through archival race footage, never before seen family home videos and interviews, this collection was produced with the support of the Earndhart family and Richard Childress Racing.

Disc 1: DALE~ The Movie
Disc 2: Bonus Features: Alternate Openings, Bloopers, Deleted Scenes, Interviews, & much more.
Disc 3: 2000 Winston 500 Race and highlights with Richard Childress commentary
Disc 4: Dale's greatest moments from select Daytona 500 races
Disc 5: Photo gallery hand-chosen for thislimitededition & "The Making of DALE" hosted by Steve Byrnes
Disc 6: Exclusive 2-way audio from 1998 Daytona 500
Old 12-14-2007, 11:50 PM

very not expensive to get 6 dvd and the piece of history of Dale #3

Hope i'll find them here in Canada
Old 12-15-2007, 10:11 AM

I picked one up for Cliff for Christmas and then a couple of days later he started to buy it and I told him NO it will be around for a while we can get it later...lol
Old 12-15-2007, 07:18 PM

I was and still am a big Dale fan and have already got mine and must say it is
just a great set. I had met him several times at the speedway and he was a
great guy and a practical joker.

Alan
Old 12-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cpendlay
I picked one up for Cliff for Christmas and then a couple of days later he started to buy it and I told him NO it will be around for a while we can get it later...lol
You better hope he don't read this site.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:23 PM

Like CH said...hope he doesn't read this site and this thread in particular. But if he does, then he'll understand why you said what you said.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:10 PM

He never reads this site so I'm safe, but I imagine as soon as I said no he knew why...lol
Old 12-15-2007, 10:20 PM

I was at the 2001 Daytona 500 when Dale had his unfortuate accident, I was with my dad sitting at turn 4 when the accident occured, I could not see Dales car from where I was at, but I did see a part of Kenny Schrader's 36 car on the grass, I saw what appeared to be Kenny making motions to the Nascar officials, I caught it all on tape, which I still have to this day, but I do't ever watch it because It reminds me of the terrible tragedy, Dale Earnhardt was my hero, and when word came to me that he had died, I cried for days. I was heartbroken. it will forever been etched into my head, in the video I took, I could see Dale in his car making motions to who ever was in back of him.....Sigh..RIP Dale, I miss you dearly..
Old 12-15-2007, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Wheelie7
I was at the 2001 Daytona 500 when Dale had his unfortuate accident, I was with my dad sitting at turn 4 when the accident occured, I could not see Dales car from where I was at, but I did see a part of Kenny Schrader's 36 car on the grass, I saw what appeared to be Kenny making motions to the Nascar officials, I caught it all on tape, which I still have to this day, but I do't ever watch it because It reminds me of the terrible tragedy, Dale Earnhardt was my hero, and when word came to me that he had died, I cried for days. I was heartbroken. it will forever been etched into my head, in the video I took, I could see Dale in his car making motions to who ever was in back of him.....Sigh..RIP Dale, I miss you dearly..
What a beautiful message you have posted. Thank you for sharing this with us. I can relate to a great deal of what you have said and can only imagine what it was like being there on Black Sunday. Whether one was a fan of his or not, it had an impact on every single NASCAR fan around the world. As the collection tin says...Behind the wheel, he was a legend...behind the legend he was one of us. I do not believe that in our lifetime we will ever see a NASCAR driver who will have a bigger impact on the sport than Dale Earnhardt. They can sure try...but I just don't see it ever happening.

Thank you for opening your heart to those of us who followed this great sports legend.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:16 AM

Dale was my Hero, He became a father figure to me, My dad and I have not had a great relationship..(to this day, it still isn't) so I turned to Dale for fatherly advice, What Dale taught me was unforgettable, Always reach for your dreams, Do your best at what you do and do it with PASSION...I do it everytime I do my cartooning work, my dream is to one day have my own cartoon series, and I WILL!!!!...With God's help, I will achieve my dreams, Like my hero did, he loved racing, he ACHIEVED greatness, I looked up to him, I still do, When I drive Wheelie and look at the Chevy bowtie symbol on his steering wheel, Dale Earnhardt always pops into my head, I believe Dale is with us in spirit, and I also believe Dale's spirit aids me when I do my cartooning work. I can feel his presence....telling me to SUCK IT UP..(My tears)..AND FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED.

:)

Quick Reply: Dale-The Movie 6 DVD Collector Set