The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Day from hell

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:41 AM

Day from hell

I had a terrible start to my day. Made my usual stop at Starbucks for my morning go-juice. When I went to put the cup in the cup holder the lid basically disintegrated. It was like watching a slow motion scene in a horror movie. I felt the lid give way, then I felt this searing pain on my leg as I watched the whole 20oz latte run under my drivers seat. It happened so fast all I could do was say F**K and leap out of the car. I spent about 20 minutes sopping it up with my nice clean microfiber towels. Finally arrived at work and went to grab my purse when my spiffy new phone falls out of my purse and falls in between the center console and the seat. That's right, straight into the puddle of remaining coffee in my floorboard. I've been sitting at my desk all day with the smell of coffee as my constant reminder of what a crappy day this has been. I have a mobile detailing service coming to pick up my car at 12:30 so I went to move my car to make it more easily accessible. As soon as I started the car my low fuel indicator came on. I was like, Okay I'll go put some gas in it real quick, there's a gas station right around the corner. Got to the pump, put car in park, reached for purse. No purse, it's sitting on my desk cause I just grabbed my keys to move the car. Back at work waiting for detail service to pick up my car. Hoping there is enough gas for them to get there and back with it and hoping nothing happens to my car while they have it. Sorry for the long post, but I really needed to rant. If there isn't a cold beer at the end of this day, then I give up.

Last edited by kdugg_fl; 08-02-2007 at 11:10 AM. Reason: I'm a spelling nazi...
Old 08-02-2007, 10:48 AM

Sorry Katie, that is a real bad day.
I'm going to Miami in the morning, can't wash NEMO, Mother Nature has been doing that since I went to Cape Coral on Tuesday. Non stop (well almost) rain.

At least you know of a Good Detaling company.
May your day only get better and Friday is in the morning.

Drinks in the HOUSE!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:54 AM

You should be okay, usually you have 30-40 mile worth when the light comes on.

Sorry about you bad day so far, hope it gets better.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:44 PM

Sounds like one of those days that you "Shoulda stood in bed"!!
Old 08-02-2007, 02:07 PM

Just got the car back from the detailer and it looks spectacular. I told them I didn't want them to attempt to clean the seats as I was afraid they'd end up looking worse. Well he cleaned them anyway and you'd never know a lick of liquid ever hit that apolstery. It was pricey, but definitely worth it to have someone pick up my car, shampoo the carpet & seats and do a wash & wax, all without me having to leave my desk. If it was going to storm today I'd go take some pics, cause she sure is shiny.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:19 PM

My day was bad also but not like yours. I just couldn't seem to get a letter past a very anal secretary so that it would signed. Daily we're sending troops to Iraq to risk their lives and this individual was concerned about military letter format. When you put it all in perspective, it just doesn't seem that important to me!
Old 08-02-2007, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
My day was bad also but not like yours. I just couldn't seem to get a letter past a very anal secretary so that it would signed. Daily we're sending troops to Iraq to risk their lives and this individual was concerned about military letter format. When you put it all in perspective, it just doesn't seem that important to me!
Right...... Listen, About that TPS Report.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by dbfruth
Right...... Listen, About that TPS Report.
And... I'm going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too...
Old 08-02-2007, 09:02 PM

Glad your day improved. That must be some good stuff they used on your seats becouse from what I have seen they are very difficult to get clean. Very happy it all worked out for you.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
And... I'm going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too...
Yes, yes I got the memo.