The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

DEC 8 2004....a day that will ALSO...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
His funeral in Dallas was just as cheesy as the man himself. KISS Kasket, EVH Bumblebee guitar, and EVH and Zakk Wylde getting all choked up wearing black leather jackets and feeding each other JD.
That's uncalled for. His funeral was rock and roll. The casket was personally given to the family by Gene Simmons himself and EVH's guitar that Dimebag was buried with is a piece of rock history. It is the actual guitar EVH had on the back of Van Halen II. As far as Zakk and EVH wouldn't you mourn the loss of a close friend?

His brother has also made more money off Dime's corpse than Dime ever did since his death?
How so? I know that's impossible because the only money to be made after his death was the release of the Rebel Meets Rebel CD and the Dimevision DVD. I know the combined revenue between the two can't amount to more that Dimebag made in his career. Besides in case you didn't notice those guys were all about their music and not so much about the money. I can't see Vinnie Paul milking his brothers corpse.

Last edited by captain howdy; 12-09-2007 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:56 AM

They sure are building a great band in heaven !
Old 12-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Showgun
They sure are building a great band in heaven !
HAHAHAHAHA! More like south of heaven!
Old 12-09-2007, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
HAHAHAHAHA! More like south of heaven!

hehe good one

about the whole money thing...i dunno i never heard about any of that...i dont thini he made more off his endorsements than the music.. this isnt the NBA...

but i do kinda agree about dime not wanting anyone to be all lame and etc about his death...thats what they said about cliff burton too when he died...

but yea the kiss casket was given by gene, as dime was supposedly a huge KISS fan...the EVH axe..i mean DAMN its history there

one day if and when i go back to dallas ima see if thier strip joint is still open and also try and go to DIAMONDS gravesite...

hey capt'n sell me that pick!!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 11:22 AM

Dime would personally kick everyone's ass for being so sad and lame over his death--especially that tool who sat outside the Alarosa playing Pantera tunes on the acoustic guitar.

His funeral in Dallas was just as cheesy as the man himself. KISS Kasket, EVH Bumblebee guitar, and EVH and Zakk Wylde getting all choked up wearing black leather jackets and feeding each other JD.

Did you know that Dime made more money off his gear endorsements than he ever made on music? His brother has also made more money off Dime's corpse than Dime ever did since his death? That's the sad part.
Dude you're a POS for even saying this if you dont like dime then why even come in this thread and make a statement, this thread is meant to for the mourning of great guitar player not for you to come on here and criticize his death. i swear some people on this site should just shut up and never open their stupid mouth.

Yes I am venting here because thats just disturbing for you to come on here and act this way toward people that are supposed to be friends you have officially went on my s list and are blocked!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by chadpuska
Dude you're a POS for even saying this if you dont like dime then why even come in this thread and make a statement, this thread is meant to for the mourning of great guitar player not for you to come on here and criticize his death. i swear some people on this site should just shut up and never open their stupid mouth.

Yes I am venting here because thats just disturbing for you to come on here and act this way toward people that are supposed to be friends you have officially went on my s list and are blocked!!!!!!!
if i knew how to post a pic of the metal "horns" i have id post it...

\M/- -\M/
Old 12-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chadpuska

I never said I didn't like Dime or Pantera--and I'm in no way criticizing his life or death. He was a great metal guitarist and I respect his music for what it was--great music. What I don't respect are people who continue to ride his corpse like Seabiscuit for profit.

Let's see, Gene Simmons doesn't do anything for FREE. That KISS Kasket got *huge* merchandising exposure during that funeral. EVH *hated* that bumblebee guitar and only played it during one live tour. But it just so happened that Charvel had just come out with the EVH Art Series guitars a few months prior to Dime's death. Again, merchandising exposure.

Here's another compilation of people who've made money off of Dime's death:

Krank Amps
Dean Guitars
Bill Lawrence USA by Jzcak Wajcman

Where do you think all the profit from these multiple endorsement deals is going? Who are Dime's beneficiaries?

Who's the POS now?
Old 12-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned

EVH *hated* that bumblebee guitar and only played it during one live tour.
Even if he hated it Dime said that guitar was his personal favorite of EVH's axes. I didn't think you hated Dime or are a POS but you came off a bit harsh.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

I have to say that the Dime USA Razorback V Skull is one of the sickest guitars I have ever seen!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:22 PM

Who's the POS now?
YOU ARE BUDDY!!!