The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

DEC 8 2004....a day that will ALSO...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Banned

You want harsh?

How on EARTH can anyone compare the day Dime died to Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day? THOUSANDS died that day, and MILLIONS died later as a result of what happened that day. Jesus H. Christ, people. One has-been heavy metal guitarist is NOTHING compared to that.

BTW, the Razorback IS a sick guitar. There's a place in Kansas City called Funky Munky Music that has a lot of 'em and they play quite well. I don't think I'd ever get caught dead playing one on stage (and neither did Dime, quite literally) but they do look cool for what they are.

C'mon, guys. Dime would be laughing his ass off for how seriously you're taking all this. Then he'd get drunk and high and kick yours and mine!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chadpuska
YOU ARE BUDDY!!!
I thought I was on your ignore list, buddy?
Old 12-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
You want harsh?

How on EARTH can anyone compare the day Dime died to Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day? THOUSANDS died that day, and MILLIONS died later as a result of what happened that day. Jesus H. Christ, people. One has-been heavy metal guitarist is NOTHING compared to that.
I didn't see anyone comparing the loss of Dimebag to the severity of pearl harbor. If you mean the title I think it was just a way of saying that Dime died the same day. Dime is far from a has been because his style and influence will live on long after his death. He was one of the true great losses to metal.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:20 PM

I thought I was on your ignore list, buddy?
You will be, dont worry about what im doing. i just wanted to see what more stupid crap you had to say. its too bad i cant really voice my opinion on this site so ill just be quiet. see ya!!!oh dont be so full of yourself you dont know everything
Old 12-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chadpuska
You will be, dont worry about what im doing. i just wanted to see what more stupid crap you had to say. its too bad i cant really voice my opinion on this site so ill just be quiet. see ya!!!oh dont be so full of yourself you dont know everything
What's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell!

Last edited by SindyDix; 12-10-2007 at 05:35 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:12 PM

What's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell!

wow
honestly...i dont really care about what ppl say but fawk man... this really should constitute a ban IMHO

i really think im going to report that post.. its wrong
i mean i have opinions about 911 but i dont say them out of respect for the dead ppl....

totally fawked up..

Last edited by SindyDix; 12-10-2007 at 05:36 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:33 AM

Since no one has pointed this out to you yet, Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day is December 7th...not the 8th.

HERE is your history lesson for the day.

I believe the other tragedy El Rey was referring to in his original post, is the death of John Lennon, which happened December 8, 1980. Please correct me if I am wrong El Rey. That was also truly another senseless tragedy and affected rock and roll fans all over the world. HERE is a little something from News Long Island.

I really do find it hard to believe that you are still here on the forum. I've seen people get banned for less than the crap you've been pulling. I actually feel sorry for you because you seem to be one miserable person whose goal in life is to aggravate others with your crappy outlook on life. Obviously the only good thing you have in your life is your HHR.

Sorry for the rant folks...now back to the topic at hand. It is always a tragedy when someone is killed regardless of how it happened. May Dimebag rest in peace, regardless of which direction he headed. I'm sure he's having fun wherever his is.

Last edited by courthousedeb; 12-10-2007 at 06:47 AM. Reason: added link
Old 12-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Since no one has pointed this out to you yet, Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day is December 7th...not the 8th.

HERE is your history lesson for the day.

I believe the other tragedy El Rey was referring to in his original post, is the death of John Lennon, which happened December 8, 1980. Please correct me if I am wrong El Rey. That was also truly another senseless tragedy and affected rock and roll fans all over the world. HERE is a little something from News Long Island.

I really do find it hard to believe that you are still here on the forum. I've seen people get banned for less than the crap you've been pulling. I actually feel sorry for you because you seem to be one miserable person whose goal in life is to aggravate others with your crappy outlook on life. Obviously the only good thing you have in your life is your HHR.

Sorry for the rant folks...now back to the topic at hand. It is always a tragedy when someone is killed regardless of how it happened. May Dimebag rest in peace, regardless of which direction he headed. I'm sure he's having fun wherever his is.
Deb, I know what day Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day is observed, and unlike most of the people posting in this thread, I also know who John Lennon was and when and where he was murdered. This thread was NOT started because of John Lennon, although I'm sure the OP will probably be tempted try to claim it as much now.

The only other people I know who've been banned are either idiots who spammed the rest of the forum or personally attacked other members. I haven't done either of those things in this thread and I generally only respond negatively when people personally attack me. Check out the last few pages. I called out the various people and organizations who took advantage of this man's death for profit, and I was the one who got called a POS! Are you kidding me?!

BTW, you want death profit? Look no further than Yoko.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Banned

and unlike most of the people posting in this thread, I also know who John Lennon was and when and where he was murdered.

I'm pretty sure anyone who posted in this thread knows who John Lennon was. Now if you ask if I care about his death the answer would be hell no because I was never a fan of The Beatles or his solo music. Dimebag is way more important than Lennon. I think that The Beatles as a group and the individual members are way over rated, aren't that talented, and are not as much of an influence on rock as everyone makes it seem. Especially not in comparison to other bands around the same time like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Cream, Blue Oyster Cult, or Jimi Hendrix. Their contributions to rock and metal music still live on to this day. When I listen to modern rock and metal I can still see the influences of the bands I mentioned and not one bit of The Beatles. Hell even old school bands people hate or don't care about like Venom have more of a long standing effect on rock and metal than The Beatles. Sorry Beatles fans that's just my opinion and my take on how they much they actually affected rock.

Last edited by captain howdy; 12-10-2007 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I'm pretty sure anyone who posted in this thread knows who John Lennon was. Now if you ask if I care about his death the answer would be hell no because I was never a fan of The Beatles or his Solo music. Dimebag is way more important than Lennon. I think that The Beatles as a group and the individual members are way over rated, aren't that talented, and are not as much of an influence on rock as everyone makes it seem. Especially not in comparison to other bands around the same time like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Cream, Blue Oyster Cult, or Jimi Hendrix. Their contributions to rock and metal music still live on to this day. When I listen to modern rock and metal I can still see the influences of the bands I mentioned and not one bit of The Beatles. Hell even old school bands people hate or don't care about like Venom have more of a long standing effect on rock and metal than The Beatles. Sorry Beatles fans that's just my opinion and my take on how they much they actually affected rock.
nicely said