The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Which greeting do you prefer?
Merry Christmas
91.58%
Happy Holiday
8.42%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

December 25th

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 05:57 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! oh yea MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone
Old 12-15-2008, 06:37 PM

I'm afraid some people won't be saying either with the state of the economy. I notice a lot less Christmas lights up in the neighborhood this year.

But, I have and will always say Merry Christmas to anyone I meet!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:39 PM

We need to remind those who have taken Christ out of Christmas... That their Happy Holiday also has its roots in Christianity...Holiday is from Holy Day.

I sent an email today from work to the CEO of a company regarding a problem we are having with equipment we bought from his company. I signed my email "Merry Christmas".

His reply was argumentative, but thought his last sentence on his response was weird... "What you can count on is, although I am not a religious person, is that I am honest to a fault and will tell you everything we found and, if possible, why it happened".

Maybe my Merry Christmas offended him?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:50 PM

If it were not for Christ we would not have Christmas. Take Christ out and you just have Mas. I think its ok for us to celebrate the birth of the one true savior who died for us all. If the Govt. does not want us to say Christmas or pray in school, or take God out of the national anthem, or remove the ten commandments from the steps of state capitals; then they need to work on Sundays and Religeous holidays.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by KYRVNUT
We need to remind those who have taken Christ out of Christmas... That their Happy Holiday also has its roots in Christianity...Holiday is from Holy Day.

I sent an email today from work to the CEO of a company regarding a problem we are having with equipment we bought from his company. I signed my email "Merry Christmas".

His reply was argumentative, but thought his last sentence on his response was weird... "What you can count on is, although I am not a religious person, is that I am honest to a fault and will tell you everything we found and, if possible, why it happened".

Maybe my Merry Christmas offended him?
Sounded more like he was responding to the problem with the equipment and referring to the fact that he may not be religious, but he is honest and will tell you what the problem is once he knows.

In other words, perhaps in response to the 'merry christmas' that not being religious does not mean he isn't honest.

Just my observation and keeping my own belief system out of this conversation. :)

feliz navidad.

@
Old 12-15-2008, 10:11 PM

as big of a grench as I am its still MERRY CHRISTMAS and sometimes MERRY FXXXING CHRISTMASS if im feeling onry
Old 12-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Founding Member

I've come to believe over the years that holidays have become a marketing strategy/technique for big business to generate revenue. My true spirit of any holiday, be it Christmas, birthdays, or any other special occasion, comes from my heart and not my wallet.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:40 PM

Merry Christmas
Old 12-16-2008, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
I've come to believe over the years that holidays have become a marketing strategy/technique for big business to generate revenue. My true spirit of any holiday, be it Christmas, birthdays, or any other special occasion, comes from my heart and not my wallet.
so with that said.........so do you call it Christmas? just wasnt sure .....
Old 12-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by HHR4JK
so with that said.........so do you call it Christmas? just wasnt sure .....
neither option in the poll:
Originally Posted by SindyDix
Other: Happy HoHo Day from my childhood days!

Quick Reply: December 25th