The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Do you know or have you ever?
Yes I smoke
22.31%
No I've never smoked
38.84%
Quit Cold Turkey
36.36%
I used the patch
2.48%
I chewed the gum
0%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Do you smoke?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:03 PM

I never got the nicotine addiction (I have no idea why), but I smoked when I drank...and I drank a lot. 36 days sober; I've owned my Victory Red '09 HHR SS auto for 3 weeks. It's my 'sober car'.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:04 PM

No smoking for me. Not good with my asthma!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:32 PM

I smoked for 30yrs until my 45th b-day last Oct. I tried all the current offered methods to no avail. Then during a visit to my local tourist trap fleamarket, I met a woman who was hawking a electronic cigarette for a outlandish $$$. So I went home and researched it and ordered a more substantial kit than she offered at half the price. I have not had a cigarette since I received it and have learned a lot about nicotine addiction in the process.
I'm still addicted to and getting the nicotine I need thru vaping, but I'm not getting the tar and 4000 other chemicals you get by burning.
I now spend about 25% of what I used to on smokes on the supplies and I feel 10X better, plus I can smell and taste again.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:43 PM

I've never smoked...

There are some really inspirational stories here about quitting addictions.... good on you folks and thanks for sharing!! And it's cool how some of them are hhr (or car) related!
Old 02-22-2010, 04:08 PM

Smoked about a half pack a day(average ) for nearly 13 years, quit cold turkey 5 & a half years ago. No patches, no gum, no hypnosis, no nothing !!!! Just my strong ass willpower yo !!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Premium Member

First smoke at age 5

I remember stealing a cigarette from the store down the street from my house when I was about 5 years old. The stores used to have free samples in a small 3 cigarette pack that were free! That was in 1957 though.

I smoked on and off when I could get away with it from early teens till I was old enough to know better. 46 years later I just threw out a full unopened pack out the window on the freeway. I thought it would be hard to do, but it was easy for me an do not know why. That was 11 years ago and I still do not look back, even at work around smokers, it make no difference to me at all.

Wonder if I start again if it will help me loose my "beer" belly? HA!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ratracer
I smoked for 30yrs until my 45th b-day last Oct. I tried all the current offered methods to no avail. Then during a visit to my local tourist trap fleamarket, I met a woman who was hawking a electronic cigarette for a outlandish $$$. So I went home and researched it and ordered a more substantial kit than she offered at half the price. I have not had a cigarette since I received it and have learned a lot about nicotine addiction in the process.
I'm still addicted to and getting the nicotine I need thru vaping, but I'm not getting the tar and 4000 other chemicals you get by burning.
I now spend about 25% of what I used to on smokes on the supplies and I feel 10X better, plus I can smell and taste again.
I've been thinking about the electro cig since i first read about it. I think i'm gonna give that a try, So your saving money ,no smell, and less harmful ? Is there a downside to that , Other than still getting a nico. fix , Kinda like a coffee fix at that rate.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by THE BATMAN
I've been thinking about the electro cig since i first read about it. I think i'm gonna give that a try, So your saving money ,no smell, and less harmful ? Is there a downside to that , Other than still getting a nico. fix , Kinda like a coffee fix at that rate.
Yep, as with anything, there are down sides about this. Going into generalities about this, you'll be trading your lighter for a battery charger, and you'll be trading your cigs for nicotine juice, atomizer and batteries.
Read through here if you wish to persue this ave. further:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/
and feel free to PM me questions if you have any regarding this avenue of getting away from smoking.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Platinum Member

No Smoke (nothing)...
Old 02-23-2010, 06:31 AM

I quit twenty years ago when my first wife (also a smoker) died of cancer at the age of 42 - it forced me to face my own mortality.
To any smokers reading this: we all don't have to learn the hard way.
I will admit that I still get the urge, especially when imbibing...

Quick Reply: Do you smoke?