The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Dodge Caliber maybe in the future??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Banned

That's one thing you got to love about Dodge. They are dedicated to performance.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:45 PM

I have test driven one and to be honest the interior styling is very poor and to get a decent one you have to put a whole load of options. It doesn't even have power windows,locks,and mirrors standard. The visibility from the drivers perspective was horrible.When will chrysler and dodge learn truck front ends aren't meant for cars. The sticker on mine was about $16000 and it had wheel covers and nothing power.It was basically a shell.Did I mention for the chillzone cooler that was $1000 option. I also must say the salesman would only go down $200 and this was serious negotiations. My parents and I left disgusted and I was turned to the hhr ever since.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
That's one thing you got to love about Dodge. They are dedicated to performance.
agreed, they made chevy get off their arse
Old 08-02-2006, 07:06 PM

Ozeeone here well if you check out cvt and the engine they are both not service able they are throw away parts $$$$$ thats why they put the star on the hood so the GPS can find the junk yard easy
Old 08-03-2006, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Steelcity
I have test driven one and to be honest the interior styling is very poor and to get a decent one you have to put a whole load of options. It doesn't even have power windows,locks,and mirrors standard. The visibility from the drivers perspective was horrible.When will chrysler and dodge learn truck front ends aren't meant for cars. The sticker on mine was about $16000 and it had wheel covers and nothing power.It was basically a shell.Did I mention for the chillzone cooler that was $1000 option. I also must say the salesman would only go down $200 and this was serious negotiations. My parents and I left disgusted and I was turned to the hhr ever since.
I will disagree with you and agree with you at the same time.

Being the MOPAR guy that I am, I actually anticipated on buying a Caliber for my wife. I couldn't wait for them to come out.

Well, they came out, I test drove one and I thought it was AWESOME!! Then it came time to actually plop the money down and buy one, so of course I wanted a test drive again. There was so much stuff I didn't like about it that time that I didn't even notice the first time. I love the exterior. The cross hair grill looks great on that car. It's the interior I learned to hate. It's very cheap looking, it only comes in light, light gray or light, light tan. The door sills on every caliber I test drover were easily scuffed because the color is so light. The arm rest plain sucks!!! It's hard plastic and doesn't lock in place. The chillzone doesn't work at all. They should have never advertised it as a chiller, and instead advertised it as a glovebox that doesn't get as hot.

Now, I disagree on the price. I think they are reasonably and fair priced. The loaded up SXT w/ sunroof that I looked at was going to run me mid $18k if I remember correctly.

Anyway, needless to say, I bought my wife the HHR instead.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:19 PM

I was looking at one when they first came out maybe they put a markup on it. Since you are a mopar guy did you see the new charger cop car? I got to look at one and sit inside it at a local dealer that thing will blow by a caprice or crown victoria any day it looks a lot better than the ugly crown vics and caprices.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Steelcity
Since you are a mopar guy did you see the new charger cop car?
Yes, I've seen it, sat in it, and drooled over it. I took this video at a MOPAR show a few months ago. Police Charger Smokes the tires

Click here to see Video
Old 08-03-2006, 07:20 PM

I just came back from Vegas, and I had a Caliber for two weeks. I had the SXT with the power windows/ locks and the so called chill zone in the glove box. IMO the car has a very cheap looking interior, the way the chill zone is designed to work you are supposed to pull a lever to let AC into the glovebox, the problem is when you hit the brakes or turn the lever closes off the vent so no AC was getting to that area. The car had no top end power, trying to go up a moutain while trying to pass an 18 wheeler at 75 mph was a challenge. I was so happy to get back behind the wheel of my HHR.