The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Don't be this guy -

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 03:44 PM

I was like no way someone could be this accident prone lol..
Old 05-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Banned

Thx, I needed that! Hahahahaahahahahahahaa
Old 05-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CokeZero
I was like no way someone could be this accident prone lol..
Oh I have known one or two - my fav was a buddy that decided a clearcoat on his old ford would be awesome - so he sprayed some clear laquer or poly stuff meant for furniture using his dad's paint sprayer they bought for painting their barn - half the car had massive runs, the other half went all milky. He got most of it off using a razer blade - but the drivers side then was down to primer. So off to the body shop to get it painted - once he got it back (here it comes) with nice fresh paint on the drivers side, he backed out of the garage with his door open the first day he got the car back, and almost ripped off the door - so back to the body shop. He kept us entertained for years. :)
Old 05-12-2014, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by whopper
Oh I have known one or two - my fav was a buddy that decided a clearcoat on his old ford would be awesome - so he sprayed some clear laquer or poly stuff meant for furniture using his dad's paint sprayer they bought for painting their barn - half the car had massive runs, the other half went all milky. He got most of it off using a razer blade - but the drivers side then was down to primer. So off to the body shop to get it painted - once he got it back (here it comes) with nice fresh paint on the drivers side, he backed out of the garage with his door open the first day he got the car back, and almost ripped off the door - so back to the body shop. He kept us entertained for years. :)
Wow, years back when my local "car club" forum was active they had posted a link to a mustang forum where this noob was told to glue quarters to the top of his pistons to raise the compression and put some sand in the intake to port & polish and the guy took pics of him doing it as a "how to" for his fellow forum members only to come back on and ask why his car wouldn't start and needed advice.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:30 AM
Platinum Member

LOL - I wish I had thought of that.

I'm a thinkin tho' that a quarter might be too big - a dime might work better (better clearance and they are lighter as well which would help the quarter mile time (quarter mile time........ oh nevermind :)) and for a 4 cyl you would save 60 cents!!!! Money in your pocket!!!!