The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Dry skin? Try a little olive oil!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 10:40 AM

Dry skin? Try a little olive oil!

Those of us that live in colder climates know that winter wreaks havoc with our skin. I especially have problems with my face drying out. I tried the olive oil bath water and can say I now have soft skin like a babies butt. Just beware because you will now find people of Italian descent more attracted to you

Bath: For a moisturizing soak, add about ¼ cup olive oil and several drops of essential oil to your bathwater. Lavender oil will help you relax before going to bed. (Careful - the tub will be slippery!)

Dry Skin: Gently massage a small amount of olive oil on extra dry areas such as elbows or heels.

Hands: Whip up a quick sugar scrub for rough, dry hands. Combine two tablespoons of oil with two tablespoons of sugar. Rub on hands until sugar begins to dissolve. Rinse with warm water. Voilą! Silky-smooth hands.

Feet: Apply a liberal amount of oil to feet at bedtime. Cover with cotton socks. Not sexy... but oh-so-soft feet in the morning! The magic works for hands, too. Cover with white cotton gloves (hmm, even less sexy).

Face: Create a moisturizing facial mask with olive oil, honey, and an egg yolk. Beat until well blended and apply to face... then relax! Leave on for 15 minutes; rinse with warm water.

Nails: Warm a small dish of olive oil (not too hot) with a tablespoon of lemon juice. Soak nails for 5- 10 minutes. This softens cuticles while it strengthens nails.

Hair: For a simple oil treatment, warm several tablespoons of olive oil (again, not hot). Rub into scalp and hair. Cover with a shower cap or small plastic bag. Leave on for 20-30 minutes.

For extra conditioning: mix an egg yolk with the olive oil... but do not warm. This is great for dry hair and split ends. It may even heal dandruff. Shampoo twice after this treatment or you'll smell like raw egg!

Lips: Alleviate chapped lips with straight olive oil. Dab on lips... especially helpful at bedtime.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 01-31-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:17 PM

Dab on lips... especially helpful at bedtime.
I'm not gonna touch that...nope I'm not...
Old 01-31-2010, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tominator
I'm not gonna touch that...nope I'm not...
You sir have a very dirty mind and should have Premium Membership so you can view our childish thread
Old 01-31-2010, 07:51 PM

Talking

You used the word sexy twice so don't start on me!

I do have a question though....do you recommend virgin or extra virgin...ah...er...olive oil?
Old 01-31-2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tominator
I do have a question though....do you recommend virgin or extra virgin...ah...er...olive oil?
Depends if you plan on using it on your salad as well
Old 01-31-2010, 08:10 PM

:twothumbs
Old 02-01-2010, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Depends if you plan on using it on your salad as well
Reminds me of a taco joke...