The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

The Epic Petsmart Adventure

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 04:33 PM

The Epic Petsmart Adventure

I recently returned from my epic trip to the not-so-local Petsmart. Now I've bet you've said, "Whats so epic about a trip to Petsmart?" Well, nothing. Nothing at all. Unless you count riding a bike down a highway to get there as being epic. So here it is, the text and pictures of my trip to Petsmart.

On Christmas, I recieved from my wife a 2006 Specialized Hardrock Comp bicycle. I really love it and have been riding it around the neighborhood for the last couple of days. Today as I was cleaning out the rabbit cage, I noticed he was low on food. So I decided to go to Petsmart, and ride there on my bike. Why? Because I'm an idiot, and intend to do idiotic things.

I left the house at 2:40 pm and made my way down South Broad Street. Then down Rt. 156, then onto Yardville-Allentown Road to cross over Rt. 130. Name:  CrossingRt130.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  29.0 KB That where I found this Amigo. Name:  Amigo.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  22.5 KB

After crossing Rt. 130, I made my way through a small neighborhood trying to get to Rt. 130. There I found a semi in someones driveway. And I thought the school bus was out of place. Name:  Someonesatrucker.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  19.4 KB

Finally, I reach Rt. 130. Now to ride a mile on the shoulder of a highway with cars passing closely by at highspeeds. Name:  Rt130.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  15.1 KB

To be continued shortly.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:35 PM

Isn't it illegal to ride a bike down a highway?
Old 12-29-2006, 04:40 PM

Part 2

I've been riding down Rt. 130 for about 15 minutes now, and I've finally reached my exit. But first, I should say that I am now across the street from Hamilton Post Office. For those that don't know, thats where the Anthrax letters were mailed from.
Name:  HamiltonPostOffice.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  23.0 KB

After cutting through the Harry's Army and Navy parkinglot to get around the corner, I see it. Off in the distance, Hamilton Marketplace. I'm almost there.
Name:  HamiltonMarketplace.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  15.9 KB

Another short ride down the road and now I've crossed the street. I've decided to start a tradition at this point, everytime I ride my bike here, I will touch the "To Edgebrook Road North" sign.
Name:  Ivearrived.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  16.2 KB

Hey! A Roush Mustang!
Name:  RoushMustang.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  17.2 KB

To be continued . . .
Old 12-29-2006, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Isn't it illegal to ride a bike down a highway?
We do it anyway.

Welcome to New Jersey, Come See For Yourself
Old 12-29-2006, 04:46 PM

ALL THIS and you couldnt find your SISTER ??? SHEESH man..you gotta set your priorities! haha
Old 12-29-2006, 04:49 PM

Part 3 (The good part!)

Well I'm heading towards Petsmart now, managed to make my way through the lunacy that is mall parking lots, and I make a theory, if one is to . . . Hey! Whats that off in the distance?
Name:  HHR2.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  12.3 KB

Well lookie what I found, an Amethyst HHR. I take a brief look around, obviously stock. No running boards, no roof rails, no sunroof. I'm guessing it was a 1LT, was definatly a LT, but it was rather dirty. No Yr-1, So-Cal, or chevyhhr.net stickers either.
Name:  HHR-1.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  19.1 KB

Time for a photo-op!
Name:  HHRandBike.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  13.5 KB
Old 12-29-2006, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by greyghost
ALL THIS and you couldnt find your SISTER ??? SHEESH man..you gotta set your priorities! haha
She never showed up!
Old 12-29-2006, 04:52 PM

this is an epic and maybe next time you can film it and put it on youtube.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:01 PM

Part 4

Ok, enough gawking at the HHR, I finish my dash to Petsmart. There I buy my rabbit food, pay, and leave. Back on the bike, I decied to head to Wal-Mart and see if they have a bike lock since I need one. On my way to Walmart, I hear a loud roar next to me. I break out my camera, turn, and there I see a Corvette!
Name:  Corvette.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  21.1 KB

Ok, so now I pull up to the doors of Wal-Mart, and park my bike inside, hanging the rabbit food on the handlebars. I go straight to the bike section, find a nice lock, then as I am walking to the register, I stop in the music section, take a brief look around, grab a Journey cd, and off to checkout! Now back on the road! Since I decided I'm done here, I ride back to where the HHR is to see if the owner is there or not. There I notice this Avalanche. Nice parking job, only taking up 2 spots.
Name:  NiceParking.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  14.4 KB

Then I look up, and see something worse. A Mopar mini-van?
Name:  MoparCaravan.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  18.4 KB

Anyway, back on the road, but before I leave, another photo-op.
Name:  BikeInMarketplace.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  17.7 KB
Old 12-29-2006, 05:03 PM

I believe I saw a preview to this epic the last time the wife and I went to the movies. What was the name of this flick again? Seeing as you're encountering several events, perhaps your epic should be titled: FoHHRrest Gump, or something along those lines.....

Quick Reply: The Epic Petsmart Adventure