The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

eTurbocharger.com™ Electric Twin Turbo for HHR found on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 09:02 PM

This has got to be a major scam!

What do y'all think?

Old 08-06-2006, 09:10 PM

LOL... that reminds me of a set up I saw a picture of where some guy had a leaf blower hooked up under his hood as a "supercharger"...

I have wondered before if a 12volt electric fan, like the ones they use on Nextel and Busch cars to cool the brakes, would help at all if it was plumbed into the air intake of a car...
Old 08-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Banned

Wow, a whole 1.7 PSI!
Old 08-06-2006, 09:15 PM

Sounds like a crock to me. It's just instructions...

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How hard is it to put together and install
a: Our instructions make each of our electric turbocharger / electric supercharger intake kits extremely easy to install. The novice car tuner should have no problems installing our kit with ease.

Q: Will the Electric Turbocharger work on my car?
a: Our electric turbocharger kits can be adapted to work on just about ANY vehicle make/model. We have yet to find a car that it could not be installed on. The kits can also be installed on turbo charged and diesel vehicles.

Q: Where do I obtain the parts?
a: To avoid extremely high shipping fee's we no longer ship the parts for the electric turbo kits. These parts are very easy to find and we have had customers from just about every country worldwide! Most parts can be purchased locally from automotive stores and hardware stores. Those that cannot be found can be purchased from several online suppliers.

Q: How much will it cost to build?
a: There are several companies online now selling extremely overpriced electric turbo or electric supercharger kits. Our instructions will show you how to easilly build your own kit for a fraction of the cost of other available kits. Our instructions also offer the only tested electric twin turbo system available which has shown to produce in excess of 1.7 psi boost on vehicles with engines up to 5.7 liters in size.

Q: How do the electric turbo systems operate?
a: Our turbocharger kits are operated by a push button switch that can be mounted anywhere in your vehicles interior. The turbocharger will only be activated once this button is pushed. Once engaged boost will be immediate at a full 24,500 rpm. The increased airflow produced by the turbocharger will be followed by an increase in fuel delivery supplied automatically by your vehicles Mass airflow sensor or fuel delivery system. Basically the unit is powered under Wide Open Throttle like many NOS kits on the market.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:16 PM

note that they arent even selling you an actual product, just instructions on how to build your own product. lol i love those auctions.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:17 PM

Just about everything that claims "up to 30 HP gain" for $15, is usually crap.
A wise man once said, "There is no replacement for displacement."

I don't think anyone bought an HHR for the performance aspects of it. There are plenty of aftermarket things that will up the HP by very small increases, but if you want REAL power, a turbo, supercharger, or building a new engine for it is the way to go. Nuff said...
Old 08-06-2006, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gambler
note that they arent even selling you an actual product, just instructions on how to build your own product. lol i love those auctions.
That's what got me to laughing!

What's not funny is that people actually buy this kinda crap!
Old 08-06-2006, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Sounds like a crock to me. It's just instructions...
I think so. There are a couple of sellers on eBay that make their title sound like an actual product but when you read the full description, what they are pushing is instructions on how to make or how to install. I smell a RIPOFF!
Old 08-06-2006, 09:34 PM

And what's up with some of the text being white so you have to mouse over it to see what it says?

Check out feedback...3 negatives on the first page. Looks like he makes a killing selling instructions and one guy even said " thought it was already made anyone know how to make it" Did they even read the auction?
Old 08-06-2006, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
And what's up with some of the text being white so you have to mouse over it to see what it says?

Check out feedback...3 negatives on the first page. Looks like he makes a killing selling instructions and one guy even said " thought it was already made anyone know how to make it" Did they even read the auction?
A lot of shifty sellers do that so they can say it was posted on the page later on when the buyer complains. Whether the buyer can read it or takes the time to highlight it is not thier concern. Crappy sellers...

Quick Reply: eTurbocharger.com™ Electric Twin Turbo for HHR found on ebay