The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Fact or Fiction

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:27 PM

Nice, that's a cool car.

Fact or Fiction:

I used to work at a Printing Plant.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks, wish I kept it.. Only had 18,000 miles on it..

Fact or Fiction:

I used to work at a Printing Plant.

Fiction
Old 05-03-2011, 11:37 PM

Fact, I was a janitor. Not exactly a "fun" job, but somebody's got to do it, and I liked working there.

Fact or Fiction:

I am a Pizza Delivery Driver at Domino's.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Platinum Member

Honest work, nothing wrong with that.

Fact or Fiction:

I am a Pizza Delivery Driver at Domino's.

FICTION
Old 05-03-2011, 11:47 PM

Actually, it is fact, I just got hired last week. After the background check is done, they set up my first day of work. I'm thinking it'll probably be sometime by the end of this week.

Fact or Fiction:

I am a Volunteer Transportation Driver at the American Red Cross and I drive elderly and disabled individuals to their doctor's appointments, work, grocery store, etc.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by goetylsd
Actually, it is fact, I just got hired last week. After the background check is done, they set up my first day of work. I'm thinking it'll probably be sometime by the end of this week.

Hmmm. IIRC, you were delivering pizzas for another
Fact or Fiction:

I am a Volunteer Transportation Driver at the American Red Cross and I drive elderly and disabled individuals to their doctor's appointments, work, grocery store, etc.
Fact
Old 05-04-2011, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Fact
It is fact, you are correct Sleeper. And you're not losing your mind, right now I deliver for Jimmy John's, a sub place. I work there right around lunchtime (11-2 everyday), but I have a lot of free time and I am trying to get more hours... My job at Domino's would be nights (4-11), she (the manager) said that she liked that I was already a delivery driver, sinceI know the biz. Surprisingly, it's not that bad of a job. With tips and wages, your pay comes to about $11-$15 hour. I've had really good days where I'll make over $40 in tips in just a few hours. If I take 4 deliveries in an hour, and get a $2 tip (which is about average) at each one, that's $8.00 in tips on top of your $7.25 an hour, so that's $15 an hour right there... not too bad. It sucks you have to use your own car, especially with gas prices, but it's still not too bad.

Your turn Sleeper...
Old 05-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Platinum Member

I can understand your logic, & good that you have work. But one must figure in your vehicles wear & tear, etc. That costs in the long run also..So $15 pr hr. sounds ok, but when you need GTO gas/tires & oil (etc). it subtracts from that number.

Fact or Fiction:

I have broken my tail bone.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
I can understand your logic, & good that you have work. But one must figure in your vehicles wear & tear, etc. That costs in the long run also..So $15 pr hr. sounds ok, but when you need GTO gas/tires & oil (etc). it subtracts from that number.

Fact or Fiction:

I have broken my tail bone.
I'm not getting rich off my job by any means. But it's a decent job, and I'm happy with it. Thankfully I have a reliable car. My HHR has never let me down, hardly anything has gone wrong but regular wear-and-tear items.

To your question: Fact?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:27 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by goetylsd
I'm not getting rich off my job by any means. But it's a decent job, and I'm happy with it. Thankfully I have a reliable car. My HHR has never let me down, hardly anything has gone wrong but regular wear-and-tear items.

To your question: Fact?
I didn't mean anything negative, just looking at the big pic..I know you posted rolling over 140K & going..
Good that you have a job you like.

Fact, I did break my tailbone, over 20 yrs ago. & nothing to do for that besides getting a donut inner-tube to sit on. Ouch !!

Your Turn Sir.. & I must retire for the eve..

Quick Reply: Fact or Fiction