The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Family Challenges Lesbian Adoption

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 04:47 AM

Yep!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RatRodS
Go marry one then.
I'm a happily married heterosexual. I've never had any desires for another man or anything like that and actually the thought of myself with another man repulses me. That doesn't mean that I can't accept homosexuals equally or have gay friends and so forth. Who are you to judge others or stop other peoples right to be happy and who they are? Obviously you are homophobic, a homosexual in self denial, or have some illogical unnatural hatred of homosexuals. Or is it some silly religious dogma or nonsensical holy reason that you hate gay people? Isn't this supposed to be the land of the free where we are all equal and have the right to be happy? I guess the rule is free and equal unless god and RamRodS say so.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I'm a happily married heterosexual. I've never had any desires for another man or anything like that and actually the thought of myself with another man repulses me. That doesn't mean that I can't accept homosexuals equally or have gay friends and so forth. Who are you to judge others or stop other peoples right to be happy and who they are? Obviously you are homophobic, a homosexual in self denial, or have some illogical unnatural hatred of homosexuals. Or is it some silly religious dogma or nonsensical holy reason that you hate gay people? Isn't this supposed to be the land of the free where we are all equal and have the right to be happy? I guess the rule is free and equal unless god and RamRodS say so.
+1
Old 03-02-2007, 07:53 PM

[QUOTE=captain howdy;126157]
Originally Posted by fantomfreke

I'm not disagreeing. But it doesn't make majority rule right.
gotcha... temporary sanity had set upon me but im feeling much better now
Old 03-02-2007, 10:50 PM

Wouldn't it be easier if homosexuals just could get married? Stupid laws!
I concur. Particularly since in our society marriage is a civil matter not a religious one.

I realize that many people get married in church, but the marriage isn't legal until the paperwork is filed with the state. Many other people go to the local Justice of the Peace or other Judge to get married. So, you can end up with people who get married in church and do the paperwork with the state = marriage legal and recognized by the church. You can end up with people married in church but paperwork not filed with the state = recognized by the church but unlawful according to the state. You can end up with people married at the courthouse/city hall/etc. = marriage legal but not recognized by the church.

Bottom line, to inherit or meet other requirements you must be married according to the state's rules, not the church's. If you are so inclined, and believe in your church's teachings then by all means get married in church and remember to file the paper work However, freedom of religion means not only the right to practice whatever religion you believe in, but also the right to NOT have to practice beliefs you don't believe in.

I, for one, am getting tired of people telling me what I can or can't do based on THEIR religious beliefs... The recent passage by the voters of the state of Texas of an amendment to the State Constitution defining marriage as only being between a man and a woman is a prime example of this. I seem to recall something Jesus said, oh yeah, Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, and render unto God that which is his. It's almost enough to make me move...

BTW, I'm hetero, no gay inclinations. I just feel that a couple of people who want to make the commitment to spend their lives together should be able to without being discriminated against.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:04 AM

well to be honest, i used to be anti-gay marriage. then one day i had a thought. if we were to all of a sudden say that say... black people werent allowed to get married, or any other minority group for that matter, we would be crucified. so my thought was "why is it ok for us to ban gay marriage but not to ban anyone else from doing something that should be their right?" and the answer came to me... its not. now while anyone has the right to do pretty much whatever they want, i also reserve the right to make fun of whomever i wish. such as when i was almost kicked out of disney. if a man walks by wearing a mesh shirt and daisy dukes.... prepare to be called out and ridiculed... "'cause thats just funny right there i dont care who you are"
this from the straight, catholic, about-to-be-married, redneck
Old 03-03-2007, 06:05 AM

Yep !!!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:15 PM

Hahaha - I love this thread....but where have all the haters gone?

btw, to fantomfreke -- it's never nice to fool with "the mouse". Their will be done - in my city...

Ya gotta live and let live. When my hubby went to work for Mattel, they suddenly installed a male/female bathroom in his building. Turned out one of the employees was undergoing a sex change. Now is that cool or what? Support of their employees AND Hot Wheels - priceless!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:19 PM

You are a (admin edit), You say I judge and then you start judging, grow up (admin edit)

Last edited by SindyDix; 03-04-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:32 PM

Glad to see the thread could last so long. But I can see the natives are getting restless so no more thread. By the way, read the message in my signature!