The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Fill my tank or feed a child?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BILLANDTONI
Is there a country more superior than the United States. The clear answer is no.
It depends on what you define superior as. We have our strong points but we also have weaknesses and short comings just like everyone else. Our foreign polices just suck no matter how you look at it. I love America and I may feel this is the best place to live but I don't think we're superior to anyone. But I'm like the odd man out in our country. How did this thread become vs. anyways? The last I knew we liked to interfere with Canadian policies and laws? As if we don't have enough to deal with in our Country we have to be the global enforcers and world police. Our government needs to worry a lot more about our own country and not worry so much about everyone else's country.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
It depends on what you define superior as. We have our strong points but we also have weaknesses and short comings just like everyone else. Our foreign polices just suck no matter how you look at it. I love America and I may feel this is the best place to live but I don't think we're superior to anyone. But I'm like the odd man out in our country. How did this thread become vs. anyways? The last I knew we liked to interfere with Canadian policies and laws? As if we don't have enough to deal with in our Country we have to be the global enforcers and world police. Our government needs to worry a lot more about our own country and not worry so much about everyone else's country.
Add work ethics and pride in work to that list.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:03 PM

Well said CH. You've really know how to surprise me. I'm never sure what kinda comments you might make when posting but you can surely what some good points when they are required.

I am surprised that this thread took such a turn. I posted an article about ethanol possible leading to hunger and we get a strong arm debate about the US being a world authority on all matters.

Oh well, as I mentioned before in a different thread, I love learning about Americans and how the "tick"
Old 10-25-2006, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by BILLANDTONI
I am not to sure there is anything in Canada anyone wants or needs.
Pamela Anderson?
Old 10-25-2006, 11:33 AM

Dang, Captain, I can't debate you on this one. I totally agree with what you said. And as I'm sitting here contemplating my health insurance selections for next year, I wonder if we're INFERIOR in that respect. Doesn't Canada have a government controlled health care system. I know the government controlled part would be hard for the U.S. to handle, but we need to do something like Canada has for health care. That's one place they probably have us beat. Of course, this is all just my opinion!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Krejaton
Pamela Anderson?
In that case we also need Lucifer Valentine. The creator of vomit gore.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:48 AM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
Originally Posted by James06
Dang, Captain, I can't debate you on this one. I totally agree with what you said. And as I'm sitting here contemplating my health insurance selections for next year, I wonder if we're INFERIOR in that respect. Doesn't Canada have a government controlled health care system. I know the government controlled part would be hard for the U.S. to handle, but we need to do something like Canada has for health care. That's one place they probably have us beat. Of course, this is all just my opinion!
We also have a Provincial Health Care as well. With my Manitoba Health Insured Benefits card, I wouldn't have to pay for a hospital stay or meds given to me.

One of the many things I miss.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:03 PM

Boy did this thread take a turn, for the worst......

I am all for E85. I just wish the HHR was capable to run it. There needs to be more vehicles capable of running it and more stations. THe price for a barrel of oil was lowered to keep it in the sweet range to make it more appealing. They want the price to stay around $2.25 a gallon on average. Hey they jack up the price when it pleases them and lower it (gradually) to make you feel a little better. They guess what, right back up again. I am execting it to start rising again real soon, not as high, but I feel that $2.25 goal is going to be the price most will pay.

Fill your tank or feed a child. Well, the food was there before wasn't it? Or at least the capability of having it. Farmers were quiting because they were loosing money. Now a lot have hope, and unfortunately some are getting greedy with it. E85 has went up dramatically also. But I would rather pay the farmer than the middle east. Exxon and other big names refuse to sell E85 cause it takes money away from them. I read that WalMart is looking to sell E85 at all their stations, I hope that becomes a reality.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:46 PM

Little note on the health care for those that mentioned it. We do have a system in place on both the provincial and federal level however it is weak. Health care, although available, is a really big problem that the Canadian governents are facing. It needs a huge overhaul. We have shortages of beds, doctors, nurses. We have extreme wait times for some surgerical procedures and operations. Yeah, we have something, which is nice but it doesn't work too well.

There are many Canadians, who have money, who will go down to the US for surgery because there are no wait times. My cousin received much of her treatment in Europe because Canadian doctors and health care was unwilling to do experimental treatments for her condition. In Europe they will try to make the person better by trying various things, here the solution was "lets wait and see, maybe it will get better and maybe it won't."