The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Free Health Care for the Rest of Your Life!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 04:39 AM

Free Health Care for the Rest of Your Life!!!

I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW. WE ALL DESERVE IT. DON'T LET THE GREEDY CORPORATIONS KILL US.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/sicko/what-can-i-do/
Old 11-16-2007, 05:34 AM

just what i want... "free healthcare"... yeah a "modest" payroll tax and an increase in my income tax to fund yet another government program... not even close to being free. i despise michael moore, and what i truly despise are all the sheep out there that are goin to take his latest "documentary" as such, and think this is a good idea.
want to lower prescription drug costs? ban prescription drug television ads. thats what your paying for, their ad time. want to lower the cost of health insurance? have people stop goin to the hospital and the er everytime they have a headache or the sniffles. one of the reasons insurance is expensive is because people expect it to cover more and more. one of the reasons that health care itself is so expensive is because they are allowed to increase the rates of the people who pay to compensate for those who dont. thats one big reason i am against this form of "free national health care". as it is now i only have to pay for those who dont when i get sick. in their world i'll be paying for those who dont whether im sick or not.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:06 AM
Banned

Funny how he fails to mention that in those countries that have free universal health care, the only places where you don't have to wait 6-12 months for treatment are privatized clinics and hospitals.

If you really want to lower the cost of health care, reduce the number of procedures and treatments covered by insurance, raise deductibles, cap malpractice claim awards, and get rid of the federally-subsidized student loan programs.

Physicians will spend less time treating minor procedures and the cost of most procedures will be reduced, people will have to pay more of their own money to fund their care and will be more likely to shop for better prices, and physicians will have less overhead as malpractice insurance will cost less and the price of their education will drop in kind, so they won't have as much student loan debt to pay back.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by fantomfreke
just what i want... "free healthcare"... yeah a "modest" payroll tax and an increase in my income tax to fund yet another government program... not even close to being free. i despise michael moore, and what i truly despise are all the sheep out there that are goin to take his latest "documentary" as such, and think this is a good idea.
want to lower prescription drug costs? ban prescription drug television ads. thats what your paying for, their ad time. want to lower the cost of health insurance? have people stop goin to the hospital and the er everytime they have a headache or the sniffles. one of the reasons insurance is expensive is because people expect it to cover more and more. one of the reasons that health care itself is so expensive is because they are allowed to increase the rates of the people who pay to compensate for those who dont. thats one big reason i am against this form of "free national health care". as it is now i only have to pay for those who dont when i get sick. in their world i'll be paying for those who dont whether im sick or not.
Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Funny how he fails to mention that in those countries that have free universal health care, the only places where you don't have to wait 6-12 months for treatment are privatized clinics and hospitals.

If you really want to lower the cost of health care, reduce the number of procedures and treatments covered by insurance, raise deductibles, cap malpractice claim awards, and get rid of the federally-subsidized student loan programs.

Physicians will spend less time treating minor procedures and the cost of most procedures will be reduced, people will have to pay more of their own money to fund their care and will be more likely to shop for better prices, and physicians will have less overhead as malpractice insurance will cost less and the price of their education will drop in kind, so they won't have as much student loan debt to pay back.
I agree with you both.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:18 AM

Cant the Govt just make us all millionaires?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:21 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by chingchonger
I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW.
All you got to do is commit a murder and get sentenced to life*. Instant free health care for life!

*The poster does not condone and/or support such actions.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
All you got to do is commit a murder and get sentenced to life*. Instant free health care for life!
Or you could serve in the military for 20 years!

I'm not for free health care. But I do think everyone should have access to affordable health insurance. I also agree that deductibles should be raised and a precertification or second opinion should be required for some of the very expensive tests.

I manage a medical billing office for a military hospital. I see so many people run to the doctor for every little thing because it costs nothing. Free medical care won't work!
Old 11-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty

Bravo crafty......you hit it exactly!!!

I would add....stop free health care for illegals. Mentioning this because of a recent news article indicating ONE "chain" of hospitals, in the greater Phoenix area, has over $60 million in uncollectables for the past 2 years.....mostly from illegals who use the hospital systems for their primary care. Private practice doctors will turn down treatment unless it is an ABSOLUTE emergency.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:33 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Bravo crafty......you hit it exactly!!!

I would add....stop free health care for illegals.
Strongly agree w/ you both.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Or you could serve in the military for 20 years!

I'm not for free health care. But I do think everyone should have access to affordable health insurance. I also agree that deductibles should be raised and a precertification or second opinion should be required for some of the very expensive tests.

I manage a medical billing office for a military hospital. I see so many people run to the doctor for every little thing because it costs nothing. Free medical care won't work!
What dollar amount is affordable? When you make $100K a year is $1000/month affordable? If you make $250K a year is $1000/month affordable? If you are an average Joe, you aren't making $100-250K a year, you are making $35-50K a year and I can tell you $300-500/month for health care insurance is not affordable. (not to worry, your employer picks up the tab).

I agree that you cannot overload the medical facilities for trivial matters, but how do you determine what is trivial. Heart burn or heart attack?

Quick Reply: Free Health Care for the Rest of Your Life!!!