The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Free Health Care for the Rest of Your Life!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member

Joe....

See post #75....
Old 11-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Banned

Anyone making $400 car payments can pay for health insurance. People CHOOSE to pay for Other things. Heck a $5000 deduct policy costs only around $200 a month for Blue Cross for a 40 year old.

Choices. People can afford it. They can afford a lot of things they DON'T need. But cannot afford health insurance......BS
Old 11-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
Anyone making $400 car payments can pay for health insurance. People CHOOSE to pay for Other things. Heck a $5000 deduct policy costs only around $200 a month for Blue Cross for a 40 year old.

Choices. People can afford it. They can afford a lot of things they DON'T need. But cannot afford health insurance......BS
Obviously you've never lived in poverty.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Obviously you've never lived in poverty.

IF you live in poverty you get free health care anyway. Oh and if you live in poverty you cannot (and should not) buy a new car. Thats my point. If one can make a $400 car payment one can CHOOSE to make a $200 car payment instead on a used car and pay $200 a month for health insurance. They can choose not to make a $200 payment to a credit card company for things they don't need, and instead buy medical insurance.

Its a choice for many. Many choose to pass or expect government to pay for their medical costs, Even smokers and those who eat un healthy foods, don't excersize etc.......They want healthcare for free. Not going to happen if one earns a living good enough to make $400 car payments and "who knows how much" to Credit card companies.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Platinum Member

Kingfrog.....

I'd add cell phone and cell phone bill to that list of questionable "expenses".

You wouldn't believe how may obviously INDIGENT citizens I have seen with the I-Phone and I-Pod.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:25 PM

Well said KF You nailed it

Goose
Old 11-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Kingfrog.....

I'd add cell phone and cell phone bill to that list of questionable "expenses".

You wouldn't believe how may obviously INDIGENT citizens I have seen with the I-Phone and I-Pod.
Exactly. the data plans alone can cost $40 a month. How many pay $80 a month for cable TV? It's a matter of choice. How many make $400 a month car payments and carry the minimum liability insurance? Choices. Priorities are really screwed up. I need a cell phone data plan and a new car but not health insurance.

I pay $215 a month for my wife's health insurance. She had a touch of breast cancer a few years ago. I can't imagine not having had medical coverage. Although we had a high deductible and her expenses went above $80K We paid $5000 out of pocket and did not have to mortgage the home, to pay off hospital and doctor bills. Well worth NOT driving a new car.

I don't buy new cars so I CAN pay for GOOD medical insurance. Its all a matter of choice. We have been blessed indeed.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:12 AM
Banned

You sir have no understanding or compassion for those less fortunate than yourself. You honestly think people are poor by choice? Sometimes people priorities aren't screwed up either. I will agree that there are people out there that are like that but the greater majority of people living in poverty aren't. Sometimes people are living within there means which is well below yours and my standard of life and still poor. People driving a 20 - 30 year old 500 dollar beater car because that’s all they can afford if they even own a car, not owning a cell because it's an additional expense they don't need, not having cable or internet because they can't afford them, wearing the same clothes they've owned for 10 years because new clothes are too expensive, and still having a hard time making ends meet. People that make too much money to qualify for government assistance (so they pay for their healthcare like you and me) but don't make enough to keep up with the rising costs of gas, health care, food, taxes, and housing. To people like that the only choices they have to make is whether they are going to feed their family that week or pay their gas and electric bill to keep the power on and their family warm. Like previously stated I grew up supported by our system in the ghetto so unfortunately I got to feel and experience poverty first hand and know what it's like to be poor. I busted my ass so I didn't have to live like that my whole life. I also know a lot of good people that work hard, do their best, and live within their means but are still poor due to our Capitalist system and our economy. I could go on with this forever but like I said a couple posts ago you've obviously never lived in poverty so I wouldn't expect you to truly know anything about it or understand. Let me guess you a right wing Republican too?

Last edited by captain howdy; 11-28-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by captain howdy
You sir have no understanding or compassion for those less fortunate than yourself. You honestly think people are poor by choice? Sometimes people priorities aren't screwed up either. I will agree that there are people out there that are like that but the greater majority of people living in poverty aren't. Sometimes people are living within there means which is well below yours and my standard of life and still poor. People driving a 20 - 30 year old 500 dollar beater car because that’s all they can afford if they even own a car, not owning a cell because it's an additional expense they don't need, not having cable or internet because they can't afford them, wearing the same clothes they've owned for 10 years because new clothes are too expensive, and still having a hard time making ends meet. People that make too much money to qualify for government assistance (so they pay for their healthcare like you and me) but don't make enough to keep up with the rising costs of gas, health care, food, taxes, and housing. To people like that the only choices they have to make is whether they are going to feed their family that week or pay their gas and electric bill to keep the power on and their family warm. Like previously stated I grew up supported by our system in the ghetto so unfortunately I got to feel and experience poverty first hand and know what it's like to be poor. I busted my ass so I didn't have to live like that my whole life. I also know a lot of good people that work hard, do their best, and live within their means but are still poor due to our Capitalist system and our economy. I could go on with this forever but like I said a couple posts ago you've obviously never lived in poverty so I wouldn't expect you to truly know anything about it or understand. Let me guess you a right wing Republican too?
lOL I have seen more then I care too those $500 beaters with $2000 wheels on them ........and "growing up in the ghetto, I am sure you have as well.

Shame on you for believing only you could lift yourself out of your situation, while others cannot. The system you grew up in is the same for everyone there. YOU overcame obstacles. Why cannot everyone who has the same faculties? The ONLY difference is the choice one makes regarding how to USE the system. People are not born in poverty by choice. The make the choice to STAY impoverished though. Apparently you did not.

I KNOW poverty. I lived for a long time as a grade schooler with my dad and step witch in the basement of an apartment building with rooms separated b those bamboo type curtains apartment building. We did not run to a doctor everytime we got a sniffle. We could not. Thank God my father had drive. He was able to work two jobs and save enough to start a small beauty supplly business which tuned into a larger business, Then bought a hamburger stand and turned it into a restaurant, bought old homes fixed them up and sold them. (we moved a lot). I finally joined the Navy (to afford an education)

He lost everything when the witch went crazy at 52. He borrowed $4000 and bought a tractor and drove a truck for NAVL. He bought another and hired a driver. After 10 trucks he stopped driving and managed. Thank God when the trucking business went south during the gas crisis he already bought and paid for his home in San Diego and stuffed away cash. NEVER bought a new car Always saved. (Drove used Cadillacs though LOL). He sold his trucks and home and moved to Vegas where he lives with a new wife in a modest home on SOc Security and PAYS for medical insurance for his younger wife.

He was a Kennedy democrat which is like today's Republican.

I know poverty. I know what it takes to get out of poverty. SACRIFICE. Most people don't want to sacrifice. They want new cars TODAY. They want HD big screen TVS TODAY. Before they are 30 they have had 2 or three new cars and fancy clothes and what have you NEVER owning any of it. (They have been paying banks for the "privilege" ) NEVER buying medical insurance or even more than the minimum car insurance.

Sorry. Poverty is not something one cannot get out of with personal sacrifice and responsibility in this country, Plenty do it all the times. Others laungush blaming everything and everyone else for their misfortune, A few of the unhealthy are valid. Most are not.

If I had a dime for every $30,000 car I see in front of low rent apartment buildings. OR $2000 wheels on those same cars........Well there ya go.

Its all about CHOICES. In this country we have them.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:04 PM

Great points again Froggie

Goose

Quick Reply: Free Health Care for the Rest of Your Life!!!