The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Games from our Youth

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:29 AM

I played most of those games Along with baseball and football at the neighborhood playground I also used to build car and airplane models. After getting tired of looking at them, we would either set them on fire or load them up with firecrackers and blow them up
Old 05-03-2007, 12:18 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by GCarp
I also used to build car and airplane models. After getting tired of looking at them, we would either set them on fire or load them up with firecrackers and blow them up
Bottle rockets worked great!! Also used them for target practice with BB gun.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:33 PM

We had a ton of kids in our neighboorhood, so we always played sports, rode bikes, then mimi-bikes, and Army was played with BB guns...okay as you can imagine we were not a group who wore helmets when we rode our bikes either !!! By 13 more and more of my time was spent working on cars and playing organized sports...chasing girls is considered an organized sport right???
Old 05-03-2007, 02:48 PM

when i was younger, i played most these games too and im on 15. ive played kickball, smear the queer, freeze tag, marbles, jacks, etc. i know and played more than half these games yall played back then.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:00 PM

Not all games but how about hopscotch, jumping rope both single and double dutch, handball, dodge ball (Ouch) and jumping on a Pogo stick
I think as children we learned to entertain ourselves...todays children need to be entertained ...IMO
Old 05-03-2007, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by GCarp
I played most of those games Along with baseball and football at the neighborhood playground I also used to build car and airplane models. After getting tired of looking at them, we would either set them on fire or load them up with firecrackers and blow them up
Wow we lived remarkably similar childhoods . I used to take my old model cars and, with a lighter, would heat the plastic up just to the point I could create dents, and would turn them into demolition derby smashed up cars. And no my parents had no idea what I was doing . Firecrackers and bottle rockets also were lots of fun with model cars, planes and ships.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:29 PM

I forgot one. We too played war and used persimmons for ammo. What else were they good for? When they were ripe, they left a nasty mess on your clothes. Unripe ones left quite a bruise1

I think we all spent a lot more time outdoors because A/C was pretty scarce back then and it was often cooler out there. My parents didn't install it until all five of us kids moved out.

Most of all, it sounds like we were from much larger families than what's typical today. I couldn't imagine what I would have done on a rainy day if I didn't have my siblings to play with and harrass. It was all good!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Most of all, it sounds like we were from much larger families than what's typical today. I couldn't imagine what I would have done on a rainy day if I didn't have my siblings to play with and harrass. It was all good!
I was an only child. I had lots of friends though.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Platinum Member

Anybody ever make and use a "beer can bazooka" ???

That was fun....but could have been dangerous!!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:30 PM

We made tennis ball canons out of about 10 soup cans taped together with a small hole in the bottom for the lighter fluid and match. We could shoot tennis balls clear over the barn and a football field away!!!

Quick Reply: Games from our Youth