The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Games from our Youth

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:45 PM

How 'bout THE HAND GAME!!! Anyone play that in the car?

And don't forget my personal favorite...pick a cute guy and follow him, honking and waving, until he starts to follow you...

AND THEN YOU TRY TO LOSE HIM BEFORE HE FOLLOWS YOU TO YOUR HOUSE!!!

This was only done when you were with your best friend, of course.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:11 PM

OMG JARTS!!!! most dangerous game of all time. I still have a set, and play occasionally!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mitzkity
Okay!! First you gotta get a goat....and a pair of rubbers for traction... none of that plastic stuff, you need real rubber.

http://www.mrassist.com/viewproduct....&categoryID=22
That looks awesome! Like a skateboard training device. I might have to buy one for my daughters and me.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:48 PM

Yep, and my old one passed on to my daughters, and they never forgot how... when I gave the one in the link above to my grandson for his birthday, his mom really showed him up!

BTW --- I realized in looking back how gross "the hand game" sounded...

My bro and I used to play it - one in the front and one in the back seat. You put your hands on the seatback and the other person has to start with his hands down low. Then he tries to slap the bejeebers out of it as you try to draw your hand back real fast. I guess the winner is the one who doesn't start crying - LOL. Those were pre-seatbelt, pre-nokidsinthefrontseat, and pre-bucket seat years. These youngsters just don't know how to entertain themselves --- HAHAHAHA.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:55 PM

My step dad used to play the hand game with us he would say one more word and im gonna smack you both so we bein the angles we were would say "WORD" and before we could blink it was slap slap usually across the forehead!!! LOL and he wouldnt even cross the center line or go off the road!!! that was the pre DCFS days LOL
Old 05-05-2007, 10:22 PM

How about the old rock, paper, scissors.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:12 AM

I never heard of "rock, paper, scissors" until my boys starting playing it. Although, I die laughing each time I see the Bud Light commercial with the two guys playing it for the last beer. What a riot!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:42 PM

lol, we still play smeer the queer. we used to use walnuts as hand grenades when we played war. when our lawn darts broke we used my dads long wood handle screwdriver. 'course that game became corrupted when we decide that it was more fun to play chicken with the screwdriver. we'd stand 20 or so feet apart and then close our eyes and chuck the screwdriver into the air, closest to the other person without that person moving won. if you got hit the thrower lost.

masive g.i. joe battles with smoke bombs and firecrackers for artillery. suicide on the monkey bars. our version of bloody knuckles was a combo of both your games. we'd play slaps and if you got slapped the other person had a free shot at your knuckles. first person to cry, give up or break a hand lost. man... that was fun!!!! 'course i believe if i were to play any of these games now, i would probably have to pass lol. especially with the oones like eraser burn.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:24 PM

Sometimes I wonder how we survived our childhoods. Now all our kids stay insides where they're safe, watching TV, playing video games, eating to excess, and cruising the internet. LOL!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:03 PM

Ok this is more a toy than game, but since someone posted something about GI Joe how about.....

Name:  toy.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  26.8 KB

Quick Reply: Games from our Youth