The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

GM Bankruptcy

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 12:24 PM

Question Mexico NOT closing?

Any news on if this will effect the HHR plant in Mex?

It's not on the list of "To Be Closed".

Sooooo, maybe I will get the HHR that I ordered on May 5th???
The last word I got from my sales rep. was, "Don't hold yer breath."
Sure wish I knew......
Mo
Old 06-03-2009, 01:42 PM

I read somewhere that the Ecotec engines were assembled in Spring Hill, TN. Is this true?
Old 06-04-2009, 01:35 AM

GM Canada isn't in the bancruptcy. They got cash from the Govt.s and are still rolling along. No bancruptcy here!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:06 AM

I do not know if this is the right topic, but I will try.
Feeling now that the GM has declared bankruptcy and that the U.S. administration will dl owns 60% of shares in the group, after it succeeded in Chrysler (60%) I was asked a question. But that will be that the Administration USA has decided to conduct a strategic war against the Muslim world through the reduction in consumption of oil by converting energy and innovative engines with much smaller? (hence also the agreement with FIAT)
Old 06-04-2009, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
GM Canada isn't in the bancruptcy. They got cash from the Govt.s and are still rolling along. No bancruptcy here!
GM filed BK, that will also include Canada. Unless GM Canada is a totally separate company.....
Old 06-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Founding Member

GM Reinvention Commercial

If you haven't seen this yet here you go:

http://www.gmreinvention.com/
Old 06-04-2009, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
GM filed BK, that will also include Canada. Unless GM Canada is a totally separate company.....
It is and we are not in bankruptcy up here.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by 87silver
I read somewhere that the Ecotec engines were assembled in Spring Hill, TN. Is this true?
True, but also at GM Powertrain in Tonawanda NY. That one stays open, but loses some of its other engines. Spring Hill production I believe was primarily for Saturn
Old 06-06-2009, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by tireman1554
I cant believe people are still actually blaming Bush. This has been a problem long before Bush or even Clinton. The problem is NOT him or any other President. The problems is Americans allowing these foreign companies to come here, market and sell their products in OUR country for less than what you can buy American for.The problem is letting all these foreigners come to OUR country and live for free off of us and not even have to work, then turn around and spend that FREE American money on foreign products to support someone elses economy. The problem is our borders are a "free for all" and people come and go as they please.The problem is "Hollywood" needs to shut the hell up! The problem is, while our military is fighting and dying for OUR freedom for less than $25k a year, we sit on our fat lazy a$$ and pay football, baseball and basketball players Millions for entertainment. I remember working for Wal-Mart when Sam was still alive; I remember to this day hearing him say " as long as I am alive we will only buy American and sell American" Sam's been outa the picture for a while now, and look at all the foreign crap they sell. WE as Red White and Blue blooded AMERICANS need to stop supporting other countries economy and stop whinning about ours and fix the problem. You can blame it on everyone you want, but the fault lies in each and everyone of us that call ourselves Americans! Wanna buy that Toyota? Fine buy it, then drive it to Japan and stay there! I'm done!
Agreed!
Old 06-06-2009, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by tireman1554
I cant believe people are still actually blaming Bush. This has been a problem long before Bush or even Clinton. The problem is NOT him or any other President. The problems is Americans allowing these foreign companies to come here, market and sell their products in OUR country for less than what you can buy American for.The problem is letting all these foreigners come to OUR country and live for free off of us and not even have to work, then turn around and spend that FREE American money on foreign products to support someone elses economy. The problem is our borders are a "free for all" and people come and go as they please.The problem is "Hollywood" needs to shut the hell up! The problem is, while our military is fighting and dying for OUR freedom for less than $25k a year, we sit on our fat lazy a$$ and pay football, baseball and basketball players Millions for entertainment. I remember working for Wal-Mart when Sam was still alive; I remember to this day hearing him say " as long as I am alive we will only buy American and sell American" Sam's been outa the picture for a while now, and look at all the foreign crap they sell. WE as Red White and Blue blooded AMERICANS need to stop supporting other countries economy and stop whinning about ours and fix the problem. You can blame it on everyone you want, but the fault lies in each and everyone of us that call ourselves Americans! Wanna buy that Toyota? Fine buy it, then drive it to Japan and stay there! I'm done!
Looking at that the other way, should GM then not be allowed to sell Buicks in China? Guess what? That division is highly profitable. Protectionist policies reducing competition usually lead to industries being less competitive when exposed to the outside world.

Quick Reply: GM Bankruptcy