The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

GM finally decided to do the right thing

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:53 PM

GM finally decided to do the right thing

Well today I called the dealer to find out how everything was going... left a voice mail with the service manager. The service manager never called me back.... which really pissed me off.... and to top it all off i was having a really bad day today at work so my anger just got the best of me. I drove to the dealer and insisted that I was taking my hhr home... I didnt care if it was working or not, last week they informed me that the car wuz ready but they were runing tests to find out why it wuz overheating. Then today they informed me the check engine light comes on because its misfiring randomly... I was so tired of geting the run around... anyways... the manager informed me that I couldnt take the car.... thats when it got ugly.... to make a long story short... I drove off in my hhr.... anyways, the area GM representive contacted me shortly after the episode and informed me that I could go pick out any new GM model and he would start the paperwork on the exchange. Of course I would have to pay the difference if I were to upgrade . I just dont understand why it would get to the point of making a scene before GM would get off there butt and do somthing. Anyways... time to go looking for another hhr... I was debating on upgrading to a "ss" but I think it would be to much power for my daughter when she inherites the hhr in alittle over a year. Besides that I cannot justify paying 28,000 on a car when I bought the base model for 19,000 minus the rebate. They are giving me 4,000 credit for aftermarket acc. so I can always repurchase new aftermarket stuff or just have then transfer all of it over to the new hhr... I am so glad that this chapter in my life in closing... I want to thank all the people here that have gave me advice and there .02
Old 05-05-2009, 11:54 PM

Get the SS, the daughter can handle the power. I started driving when I was 16 in a '66 Skylark, 350c.i., 350 horses stock.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 AM

Finally ! I kind of followed the saga with your HHR and everytime I shook my head in disbelief. I'm still amazed that it took them so long to do the right thing for you. You should have had a new car 5 months ago.
Do you think you blowing a fuse at the dealership tipped the scale ? As they say, the squeaky wheel is the one getting the oil, but its sad that it needed to come to that. Congrats and good luck with the new HHR.

Yves
Old 05-06-2009, 08:31 AM

It's too bad it had to come to that, but at least you can get a brand new one!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:51 AM

the problem is they upped the MSRP, you should get a comparable vehicle exchanged
Old 05-06-2009, 03:34 PM

at least they finially gm is going to do something....... better than what my son is going through with his uplander.......

i am in the market for a truck, and i am having seconds thoughts even thinking of buying a gm, due to gm dont care about repairing their products.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by HHR4JK
at least they finially gm is going to do something....... better than what my son is going through with his uplander.......

i am in the market for a truck, and i am having seconds thoughts even thinking of buying a gm, due to gm dont care about repairing their products.
GM has been that way for a long time...this is nothing new. Sure, I have all GM products, but I'm not going to go out of my way to promote them, nor am I going to dis them. I've had my share of problems from them, and at times hope they go under.

My 1999 Lumina has had the intake gasket repaired twice since it was new, as is the case on most cars with a 3.1 engine, yet GM doesn't think it's a problem? I've also had to repaint the hood since it flaked off of it. Last time I checked, paint shouldn't flake off, especially when you take care of it like this car has been.

But all car companies have their problems... None of them like to admit it.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by stephenm
the problem is they upped the MSRP, you should get a comparable vehicle exchanged
I did notice the price difference but its only like a few hundred dollars.... so I'm not to worried about that... I still will have to pay around 1000.00 for "usage of the hhr (miles) " which I think its kind of ****ty considering all the headaces Ive been through. But at least I can now rest my head without having to worry about breaking down again, thats when I recieve the exchange... now off to find black on black auto... which the dealer I have been dealing with does not have... The only other colors I would consider would be the rust color, which has been discontiuned or a light grey with black interior..... decisions decisions...lol
Old 05-06-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by jmarines
I did notice the price difference but its only like a few hundred dollars.... so I'm not to worried about that... I still will have to pay around 1000.00 for "usage of the hhr (miles) " which I think its kind of ****ty considering all the headaces Ive been through. But at least I can now rest my head without having to worry about breaking down again, thats when I recieve the exchange... now off to find black on black auto... which the dealer I have been dealing with does not have... The only other colors I would consider would be the rust color, which has been discontiuned or a light grey with black interior..... decisions decisions...lol
Be careful looking for one that is rust colored. Might just turn out to be rusty!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Be careful looking for one that is rust colored. Might just turn out to be rusty!!!

Quick Reply: GM finally decided to do the right thing