The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

GM latest

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 08:02 PM

The issue is on all sides. UAW and GM both are to blame.

The 6 million the CEO makes is a drop in the bucket compared to the greater waste GM has over all.

Too many people get fixated on the small spot on the wall when the wall is falling on them.

Like the AIG bonus thing was such a distraction form the real issues.

Yes Buick make big money in China as Pontiac made great losses on fleet sales of G6 sedans.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by KinseySS
I believe Buick is making more money than any other GM division. I agree with the GMC but I think they should cut Chevy Trucks and just make them GMC.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
The 6 million the CEO makes is a drop in the bucket compared to the greater waste GM has over all.
The seas have been filled, one drop at a time.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_SS_QC
The seas have been filled, one drop at a time.
This problem is more than just the UAW and CEO'S. This is about the lack of change inside GM for years. It is about GM having 17 part numbers for the same roller bearing and paying 17 different prices for it from Federal Mogal from 17 purchasing departments. Could one not do the same for all divisions?

This is about GM being formed form many different companies over the years and never being made to work as one corperation. GM's waste was managable when they owned 50% of the market but at 18% it can't keep on.

You can dwell on the drips in the ocean even though they are managable but the gash in the bow will do you in.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by KinseySS
I believe Buick is making more money than any other GM division. I agree with the GMC but I think they should cut Chevy Trucks and just make them GMC.
you would have SOOOOOOO many "rednecks" getting pissed cuz gm just got rid of chevy trucks. even gmc trucks at that .

on my point thats why i think would happen if they ever cut a truck model

just my thoughts
Old 04-28-2009, 09:37 AM

Is there any chance Chevy could use a Pontiac model in their line - like the fuel efficient Vibe? It would be a shame for that model to die out. (My son has one and it is a great little car.) I know it is the Toyota Matrix sister car, but I still like to buy American cars.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:03 AM

I will be waiting to see if the Malibu now gets a convertible top version now that the G6 convertible is gone.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:00 AM

So if GM is going to cut Pontiac is Saturn still doomed? The only car that does not really cross-platform is the Solstice and the Sky. If they kill those lines what is going to happen to those fun little roadsters. It seems like those two cars sold fairly well compared to other makers that make a similar car like the Mazda Miata or Honda S2000.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:19 PM

I have a surefire method to save the big 3. Set the clock back to 1970, GM buys Toyota & Subaru, Ford buys Honda & Mazda, Chrsler buys Nissan & Mitsubishi. Our biggest problem is still a huge trade imbalance with the countries that flood us with cars. We are not treated fairly in the other direction. This goes for Canada's "domestic" cars as well.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by diskullman
I have a surefire method to save the big 3. Set the clock back to 1970, GM buys Toyota & Subaru, Ford buys Honda & Mazda, Chrsler buys Nissan & Mitsubishi. Our biggest problem is still a huge trade imbalance with the countries that flood us with cars. We are not treated fairly in the other direction. This goes for Canada's "domestic" cars as well.
I thought of that too but I cannot seem to get my flux capacitor to put out the necessary 1.21 "JiggaWatts" necessary for Time Travel. Everytime I get my Delorean up to 88 MPH all that happens is time slows down a bit.

Quick Reply: GM latest