The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Goodbye all...nice to have been here

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 11:12 AM

Goodbye all...nice to have been here

Scary how quickly three-and-a-half years go by. Seems like I was just picking up my SS with just 28 miles on the odometer. Now as of tomorrow, it's all over.

I had an absolute blast with my SS...it was an incredibly fun car to drive, and on top of that, I didn't have a single issue in almost 53000 miles...about 45000 of which of were accumulated after installation of the GMTU. I had a great time with it, both driving and modding it. Up until now, it was my favorite of all the cars I have owned. Nothing but smiles for me with this one.

Moving on to an Inferno Orange Metallic Camaro ZL1, with my wife's old '07 Ford Escape as a daily driver. Simply didn't have the room to keep four cars (my wife is driving a new Mazda CX-9). And the Escape is simply more practical for what I need, especially with 4WD. I will miss the SS, but the Z is my dream car, and I plan on keeping it for many many years, especially since I won't be putting many miles on it...5-7K per year, if that many.

Anyway, was great fun while it lasted, both the SS and this site. Enjoyed all of immensely.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:49 PM

Take care, I know your new Camaro will be a blast, especially a ZL1.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:11 PM

Have fun with the new Zl1.
make sure you stop by once in a while.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
Have fun with the new Zl1.
make sure you stop by once in a while.
Absolutely...if not for a couple of huge years at work, I'm driving my SS forever. It really is a great car.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:08 PM

GET OUT AND STAY OUT

in all seriousness. awesome upgrade. The HHR will probably feel like a prius once you get a chance to stomp on the gas and hear that supercharger....
Old 12-09-2012, 08:44 PM

For 50k I hope it is your dream car, my retired postmaster uncle paid 60k for his classic Cuda and kicks himself in the as* everyday for buying it. I'd say the Z06 is a better bet being it's a bit faster with less horsepower but I see they are over 75k. Love the look of the Camaro in and out, just think the price range is insane. Have fun with it. Don't see much point being you are married but I suppose the power felt in the seat is like an orgasm of all it's own.

Hello and goodbye.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Platinum Member

Congrats on the new car. Hate to see you leave the family.
Tell the HHR's new owner about this site.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Premium Member

Hope your Camaro runs as good as your HHR did, I would have tossed the ford and drive the SS, you barely broke it in. Happy Trails......
Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SS fan
Hope your Camaro runs as good as your HHR did, I would have tossed the ford and drive the SS, you barely broke it in. Happy Trails......
X 2, enjoy the new ride !!!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by silverstreet
For 50k I hope it is your dream car, my retired postmaster uncle paid 60k for his classic Cuda and kicks himself in the as* everyday for buying it. I'd say the Z06 is a better bet being it's a bit faster with less horsepower but I see they are over 75k. Love the look of the Camaro in and out, just think the price range is insane. Have fun with it. Don't see much point being you are married but I suppose the power felt in the seat is like an orgasm of all it's own.

Hello and goodbye.
Not sure who's trying to rain harder on my parade here...the local weather or you.

For me, I just love the 5th-gen Camaros...just love the look and have since I first laid eyes on one. Until now it simply wasn't practical or affordable for me to think about owning one, but I now have a two-car garage and a paid-off daily driver in my Escape, so I can keep the Z for perfect days...the Escape will take care of all the crap miles. And I was fortunate to be able to swing the best Camaro available from a performance standpoint...I have no idea how long this will last.

Not sure what me being married has to do with anything. Are only single people allowed to enjoy performance cars?

Quick Reply: Goodbye all...nice to have been here