The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Granite Confirmed approved for 2013-14

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 06:04 PM

I agree, I need to see one in person first, but odds are one of these will be in my drive way.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:59 PM

I kind of hopping the pick up version makes it. I could really use this or the new Colorado they just unvailed in Bangkok.

The new Colorado has a stong look of the Denali XT show car from 2008. With the Ranger leaving and the Dakota terminally ugly the new small Chevy and GMC should do well when they arrive in 2 years.

Either way the new Colorado is a big improvment over the present truck.

I expect one of these may be in my driveway.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:27 PM

Wow, I'll keep my HHR even if 500,000 miles on it, no engine in it, propped up on 4 roller skates & tow it behind myself riding a bicycle before I'd touch one of those things. So now we know what results from A Kia Soul & Nissan Cube mating - fugly!!! That's the ugliest front end I've ever seen!! Seriously, if that's going to be the HHR replacement, Honda can chalk up another Fit already sold.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:15 PM

Hold the press for my driveway until I see the new malibu in about 20 days. From the commercial I saw today, I am really digging the new malibu!

I still like the granite, the granite truck would be cool, the new colorado...i'd have to see it first.

Also I want to see the new Silverado's and Sierra's first.

Man, 2012-13 is going to be a pretty killer stretch of road, with all this new stuff coming.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:02 PM

granite confirmed

I've had my 10' HHR 2LT just 5 months and like it a lot...plan on having it for a few years anyway...GM needs to leave the good looking Malibu alone as far as I'm concerned.....I really like the Granite...may be one of those in my future??
Old 03-31-2011, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by gottahaveheart
I've had my 10' HHR 2LT just 5 months and like it a lot...plan on having it for a few years anyway...GM needs to leave the good looking Malibu alone as far as I'm concerned.....I really like the Granite...may be one of those in my future??
I have a new bu and love it but the segment that it is in cars need to change or get left behind. Right now the Bu is the oldest in class and needs some updates to catch up. The chapter 11 hurt it and the new car is going to address many of the things it needs.

From what I know on the new car it will improve in many areas and should be a more solid car yet. As for the styling I have to see it in person before I decide.

I hope it turns out as well as I expect.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
I have a new bu and love it but the segment that it is in cars need to change or get left behind. Right now the Bu is the oldest in class and needs some updates to catch up. The chapter 11 hurt it and the new car is going to address many of the things it needs.
I like the looks of the malibu. Wish it came as an SS with a V8.

As I mentioned i bought a black impala SS and stock it looks pretty bland, but adding new exhaust, blacking out the windows, shaving the gm and Impala stickers plus that amazing trifecta tune changed this car 100%.

I know, I know it's not the newest gm design, but Before GM went belly up, they put a lot of effort in remaking the impala and it's rock solid.

I also know I keep saying this, but the Trifecta tune has changed this car so much it's almost unbelievable.

I was an inch away from buying a charger srt8, but the Impala had a bigger trunk, drove a little smoother, had a better designed interior and a lot more useful storage space with the fold down rear seats.

I also know time marches on, but right now I'm set, though I'll bet at the end of the decade the one car I keep will be the HHR SS.

It's polarizing but I love it.

What's funny in euro car crazy LA, my HHR gets more compliments than any car I've owned. It's almost like nobody here has ever seen one, which is probably true because I've only see one in the last year.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by russruth
I like the looks of the malibu. Wish it came as an SS with a V8.

As I mentioned i bought a black impala SS and stock it looks pretty bland, but adding new exhaust, blacking out the windows, shaving the gm and Impala stickers plus that amazing trifecta tune changed this car 100%.

I know, I know it's not the newest gm design, but Before GM went belly up, they put a lot of effort in remaking the impala and it's rock solid.

I also know I keep saying this, but the Trifecta tune has changed this car so much it's almost unbelievable.

I was an inch away from buying a charger srt8, but the Impala had a bigger trunk, drove a little smoother, had a better designed interior and a lot more useful storage space with the fold down rear seats.

I also know time marches on, but right now I'm set, though I'll bet at the end of the decade the one car I keep will be the HHR SS.

It's polarizing but I love it.

What's funny in euro car crazy LA, my HHR gets more compliments than any car I've owned. It's almost like nobody here has ever seen one, which is probably true because I've only see one in the last year.
I don't know. I bet you may be tempted by the new Updated Chevy RWD spots sedan. The insiders I know say it will be coming soon and with no less than 430 HP. And no it is not the police version. No one is talking name yet but I have heard Chevelle and Monte Carlo are in play. A Chevy offical said a name is chosen and we will know soon what it will be.

There was some word of the Ute and wagon also coming but manu have discounted this. Chevy already said there is a limit on how many they can sell due to the CAFE changes coming in 2015.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:43 PM

I like the Granite, and it does seem like a suitable replacement for the HHR. Where the HHR has retro styling, the Granite has futuristic styling, yet very similar to the HHR. Looks always grow on you. When the HHR first came out I said it was an ugly version of the PT, but it grew on me, and when the panel was announced I bought one. I would've never bought the regular (windows) version. My HHR Panel is an 07, and while it only has 17,000 miles on it, I get bored easily. Depending on the production version of the Granite, I might buy one, and give my panel to my son when he graduates from college in 2014. By then, I will probably hate the panel. They need to keep the base price under $20K, and IF they make an AWD version make it base in the low $20K's, and they will sell. I like the bold styling of the Granite. I can't picture it as a panel though.....
Old 07-06-2011, 09:16 PM

bean counters are not smart

in my opinion some of us good ol' boys need to go up there to gm headquarters and tell the receptionist at the front desk to get these ding bats down here now so we can knock a few pot nots on there heads and tell them to leave the hhr alone it is a good vehicle it just needs some tweaking to fix some of its issues

Quick Reply: Granite Confirmed approved for 2013-14