The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Happy Fathers Day

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 07:03 AM

Happy Fathers Day

Let me be the first to wish all of you dads a great fathers day. My prayer is that all of you receive the honor that's due to you and may this Sunday 6-18-06 be a special day in your life.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:03 AM
jx3

Although not a daddy myself (well not to anything without 4 legs), HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all of you who are!!
Old 06-16-2006, 08:20 AM

Happy Father's Day !!! Go out and wash your HHR with the kids this weekend then take 'em for a cruise...Thanks Holmes nice thread !!!
Old 06-16-2006, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Holmes Hot Ride
Let me be the first to wish all of you dads a great fathers day. My prayer is that all of you receive the honor that's due to you and may this Sunday 6-18-06 be a special day in your life.
Ditto
Old 06-16-2006, 08:28 AM

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads in the group. Hope you have a great day full of fun and relaxation.

To my father and my boyfriends father, who both passed away in 2003, we miss you and wish you were still here with us. A day never goes by that we don't think about all the things we have shared. We love you and miss you.

To my 2 son-in-laws...Happy Fathers Day to you. Thanks for being such great dads to my 6 grandchildren.

Love...Deb & Henry
Old 06-16-2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by scaleguy
Happy Father's Day !!! Go out and wash your HHR with the kids this weekend then take 'em for a cruise...Thanks Holmes nice thread !!!
I hope their will be a greater response to this thred before the weekends out!

I saw a statistic somewhere that 70% of the children in California public schools do not have a father living in their home. That sounds a little high. It is probably close to that in most states. I realy have a lot of respect for a man who will take care of his family and nurture the children and work to provide for their daily needs.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:51 PM

Yes, here's wishing ALL fathers a grand day.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:15 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Being a dad is the greatest thing I will ever experience. I have a 1-year old daughter and a 4-year old son and there's no other way to put it other than to say IT IS AWESOME!!!
My son is already my best friend, and I know that in the years to come, he and I will have some great adventures together. As for my daughter, I have to practice being a hard-a$$ for when guys start coming by the house to ask her out. I figure I've got about 15 years of practice time, so I should have it down pretty well by then.
To all you other dads out there - PROPS!
Old 06-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member

To all the Dad's.....have a great Father's Day.

To my Dad...miss ya Pop !!!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Deceased

My Dad never told me what i was doing was bad. he just loved and helped me to become who I am today. Love ya Dad.

i will leave you with these words from Me a Dad that lost his best friend and Dad 2 years ago and from my Son a year ago 5-1 and on his memorial webpage there are tributes and i wrote a piece for a christian magazine and it was called Psalm to My Son and here is the last paragraph.
http://www.mem.com/display/Tributes.asp?ID=835890

Happy Fathers Day to all

" I could go on, and on, and on, and on about my Son and how he was, but I will leave you with these words that I have in my heart, and learned from my son and my son’s friends after he was gone…love your kids all you can…tell them daily you love them…make your home a safe place where they can fall, be themselves, and know that no matter what they do…they are loved, and have a home no matter what. Do whatever it takes to be best friends with your son and daughter, and be the strength they need to act like and become the person they see in you and your walk with the Lord and what they need to grow up to be…what the Lord has ready for them. For they will become you, no matter what."

Quick Reply: Happy Fathers Day