The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Has anyone seen this story....

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Nazgul 9

Has anyone seen this story....

Hello All I was playing around on YouTube and I came across this Video.. I was wondering if anyone had seen this before and if so what they think of it.... I know this is a Chevy site and Trust me for what its worth I would still buy Chevy cars.. I just thought this was interesting...

www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

Last edited by Nazgul 9; 09-05-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:31 PM

Wow 7 out of every 10 gm vehicles where made in China since the bailout.
Of course ours where assembled in Mexico
Old 09-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
Wow 7 out of every 10 gm vehicles where made in China since the bailout.
Of course ours where assembled in Mexico
He said 7 out of every 10 were built outside the USA, not 7 out of 10 in China. But they do sell a lot of units in China.

This and everything regarding China is part of our current problems in all industrys. You can add GE and the oil companies to this too. We now export more oil/fuel related products than we import per a story on one of the network news stations a few months back. Because they make more money overseas on them. GE makes billions in profits and pays no taxes due to their overseas business and smart tax accountants.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Founding Member

On another note the narrator sounded just like the ones in propaganda movies in the 60's during the cold war. Surely not the same. Maybe he's an offspring of one of them.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member

Old story....that was posted here before.

Do a Google search, or similar, to find rebuttals and the other side of the story. According to some, a lot of this video is embellished and misleading. I think it's called SENSATIONALISM.

And understand, I'm a strong critic of GM. I watched them for 25 years flush money down the drain and do some VERY stupid things. Also, those things I criticized ultimately became issues, that contributed to their bankruptcy....so I guess I was correct.

My personal belief and 10-15 year forecast.......GM probably will not be the GM you recognize today. They MAY be purchased or merged (as the minority partner) with another company.

I do like GM. It was, and probably still is, a good company to work for. I just believe the management and global strategies needs SOME adjustment.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:18 PM

This is a hard call. Do I believe they should have sponsored a Chinese film, no. are they practicing capitalism, yes by taking advantage of emerging markets. Will that money come back here, not likely. Still like my GM, hell any respectable ford hotrod has a Chevy motor will I think twice next time maybe. But seriously if you were.that worried about it you wouldn't have bought a Saab(hhr engine and transmission)
Old 09-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Nazgul 9

Unhappy

I actually did look up several other new sources of this and yes I got to read some very interesting rebuttals.. I guess what I take away from this and several other things I have read/seen.. is how sad it is that America is slowly being unmade but both internal and external sources..... just things i think about has I look to the future..

Old 09-05-2012, 07:13 PM

WE the People are letting this happen