The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Have you noticed? Pepsi / Mountain Dew

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:15 PM

Question Have you noticed? Pepsi / Mountain Dew

I don't drink either of these but besides the new Pepsi logo have you noticed that Moutain Dew is now called Mtn Dew. The cans look wierd.

Name:  pepsi.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  9.3 KB

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 01-09-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:22 PM

i just noticed this this past weekend......... and i am with you they are weird lookin.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:30 PM

I saw the pepsi, never noticed the new moutain dew. Dont care for the new pepsi logo, looks to cartoon like
Old 01-09-2009, 08:50 PM

Yeah, they do look different. I haven't had one in a long time either but I noticed when walking through the store.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:00 PM

When I 1st saw the new Pepsi Logo I thought "wow--whatever that is, it's real close to Pepsi's logo".... I don't like it either--kinda goofy... But--we ARE discussing it, which it the point, right??
Old 01-09-2009, 09:13 PM

man, glad the general consumer is noticing. I saw the new packages make their rounds through all of the design blogs a few months ago. The general consensus from the design community: horrible.

The new Pepsi logo is supposed to resemble a smile and each product offers a varying degree of how big the smile is. MTN DEW is now shortened and more extreme and sierra mist got an overhaul as well. My general opinion is: they now look like off brand.

Also, thought you might like this image to go along with it. Which one do you like better the old classic logo, or the new butt crack....

you can see more of the new packaging here.

http://www.underconsideration.com/br...ew_bottles.php
Old 01-09-2009, 09:31 PM

two of my favorite drinks....I have seen the new Pepsi but not the Dew down here in TX
Old 01-09-2009, 09:31 PM

I noticed it a few weeks ago on a stack of Pepsi 24 pack cases in front of a local QuickTrip.

Last night on the news, there was a story about it. They basically said that the marketing department of Pepsi decided to change the logo and the "white swoosh" in the logo to look more like the new Barrak Obama logo used in his recent campaign for presidency hoping that it would increase the market segment of Pepsi. Not sure how much truth is behind it but it was a national news cable channel that I saw the story on. Guess they are trying to ride on the recent "change" popularity of the Obama theme.

If you do a search on the internet for Obama Pepsi Logos you will find hundreds of comparison of the two.

I personally think the new Pepsi off center white band was a bad choise and looks goofy. I liked the original.

OLD PEPSI LOGO

NEW PEPSI LOGO

Old 01-09-2009, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
If you do a search on the internet for Obama Pepsi Logos you will find hundreds of comparison of the two.
And here I thought Obama was about coke.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:19 PM

i highly doubt it had anything to do with obama. If pepsi's marketing team and designers really did they they would truly be idiots.

Has to be much more reason to change a classic logo. Coke has done it a few times, and they've done it well. However Pepsi really shot a blank on this one. It wouldn't be as bad if they just redid the logos but the packaging is horrible. They're trying to do the minimalism route and failing at it.

Quick Reply: Have you noticed? Pepsi / Mountain Dew