The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Haven't been on lately

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 02:06 AM

Haven't been on lately

After not being on much, and reading some posting, some people should really review what they wrote and check the spelling. some either drop a letter, or just plan old do not make sense of what they are saying. IMO Do some agree or disagree. I think some are just trying to type out quick to get as many post done to get thier count up.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Daverb
After not being on much, and reading some posting, some people should really review what they wrote and check the spelling. some either drop a letter, or just plan old do not make sense of what they are saying. IMO Do some agree or disagree. I think some are just trying to type out quick to get as many post done to get thier count up.
So? Really, so what? IMO it's not anyone's job to police the grammer of the HHR members forum. This isn't college. This is the lounge, a fun place for members to hang out and chit-chat. We are from all different backgrounds, different education levels, etc, etc. That's what makes it interesting.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:52 AM

Hey, Dave alway nice to hear from you. Hope all is going fine. As one old vet to another, as long as we complain it means we are alive my fingers and mind don't always work together and I try to catch those mistakes that you mentioned. These newbees are taking over.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by an08HHR
Hey, Dave alway nice to hear from you. Hope all is going fine. As one old vet to another, as long as we complain it means we are alive my fingers and mind don't always work together and I try to catch those mistakes that you mentioned. These newbees are taking over.
Maybe the "newbies" have something to say.

That phrase always cracks me up. People use it as if they joined as "Senior Members".
Old 07-06-2008, 08:47 AM

then there are people like me that quit worrying when my eye sight went away... can t see the key board anymore so i type by memory... just alot easier not having to worry about my punuation and caps.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:49 AM

OBTW... they get their counts up by playing games
Old 07-06-2008, 08:56 AM

And this has to do with talking about cars how? P.S. you misspelled "their".
Old 07-06-2008, 09:15 AM

I don't get the "count" thing. Do you mean "posts"? Is there some kind of a contest? Who cares what the count is? Aren't we just here to have fun?
Old 07-06-2008, 09:34 AM

I is kolledge edjukated

Originally Posted by Daverb

Personally, I think they are just being facetious and only posted that as an attempt at (bad) humor.

When you really read it, there are many spelling errors and the grammar is atrocious.

That being said, if new site rules require I use APA format for my (now over 1000! ) postings, bring it on! With a dissertation looming in my horizon, I need all the practice I can get!

Dr. @ngelita
Old 07-06-2008, 09:36 AM

there were a few grammar errors in the first post. i started on my thunderbird forums as a noob in 2003 way after all the prototype buzz had died down and the car started production. i was new for a while but now i am a senior member as i have ben there for a while... if the forums only had the same people as when they started it would be very lame... new people add new ideas (and spend the $$ on the new models to show us the new stuff) imho

Quick Reply: Haven't been on lately