The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

HHR Age appropriate

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:24 AM

HHR Age appropriate

I just wanted to tell this story here and see what you guys made of it. In one of my USED dealership adventures I stopped in to look at (04 Maxima 6spd) to trade my HHR in on. Again I got insulted when he offered me 2500 less than trade book value for my HHR. I said what's going on here my HHR is in great condition and runs perfect without anything wrong with it or the options and it is fully loaded. He said and I quote "Well your car is for the older demographic 50-55 and older by the time they reach that age they don't want to be shifting gears anymore (mine is a stick) so yours is very rare to be fully loaded and a 5 speed I just don't know where I would sell it let me do some research on it." he opens up a web page on the computer I know you don't fit the mold and that is odd to that you are as young as you are driving it (I'm 30) Now where as I can sell that Maxima out there to anyone from 22 to 60 something" I said didn't you JUST say that by the time they get to be that age though they don't want to shift gears?... At that point I had to laugh at him and walk away...LOL

That conversation has kinda been in the back of my head ever since... That guy couldn't be right... Then I talked it over with my wife and she said well ya the people I see come into my store (retail mgr) driving these are 50's 60's. I said come on really?

We are 30 we love the looks of ours and the sunburst orange color is a pretty modern one and I am not one to stereo-type anyone or a group of people because of one little aspect but I want to see how true it is. Even when I was younger (7/8) I never really thought of people in there 60's as "old" now a days that seems to be what you hear. Before I stick my foot in my mouth any further I was wondering if people wouldn't mind posting their age in this thread.

If I have offended anyone I am sorry and I know from growing up it is rude to ask age but this has been bugging me over the last 4 days and I figured I would just ask and see how right I or he was. I thought I knew a bunch of "younger" people that liked these.

Again I am sorry if this comes off as offensive that is NOT the intent.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:02 AM
ecl

There is an age thread that has a poll. As for me im 24 now and bought the car when I was 22. I loved the look of it but around here all I normally see driving other HHRs are older people(not old just older around 50ish).
Old 05-16-2010, 10:11 AM

I'm 45
Old 05-16-2010, 10:13 AM

Red face

Sorry New here... I didn't know the poll was like a thread with the results at the top so I made both again I apologize
Old 05-16-2010, 10:42 AM

One of the mods could combine your threads.......
Old 05-16-2010, 10:52 AM

I'm 18, and I love my HHR. I used to work with a guy who had one, and he was only in his 20s.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:47 AM

gonna be 22, I've got more dream about my car than naked women LOL, unless that disqualifies my car and naked women, then the scales go back the other way
Old 05-16-2010, 11:54 AM

every time i speed up to catch an hhr in front of me it's always some 60 year old lady... kinda disappointing. I'm 28, btw.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by SD70M2
gonna be 22, I've got more dream about my car than naked women LOL, unless that disqualifies my car and naked women, then the scales go back the other way
what you really need to dream about is the naked women in the back of your HHR with the seats folded down... I know that's what I would have been like at 22. All I had was a Taurus with a sunroof....ya you get the idea... I had fun too
Old 05-16-2010, 01:33 PM

Smile

I'm 52 but don't hold that against me I've always liked panel trucks.