The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

HHR Nation

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 01:48 PM

HHR Nation

Hey, perfect, just the room I needed!

I'd like to get some feedback from the enthusiast community. See, I have a semi-blog site that I just published, that's about 60% complete, and I'd like to get some feedback on the navigability, appearance, etc. Any help in improving HHR Nation would be much appreciated.

http://desertcoyote.150m.com/HHR/index.html
Old 07-26-2006, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
Hey, perfect, just the room I needed!

I'd like to get some feedback from the enthusiast community. See, I have a semi-blog site that I just published, that's about 60% complete, and I'd like to get some feedback on the navigability, appearance, etc. Any help in improving HHR Nation would be much appreciated.

http://desertcoyote.150m.com/HHR/index.html
I just tried to select a route and just a bunch of code came up on the screen.
Also it is very difficult to read some of the text when it runs over top other things. Graphics, very important to not have things pixelate, jagged edges.
I am real impressed with the start, it would be something I would visit on the internet, just needs some work. Good Beginning.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:32 PM

Looks pretty good to me...but I do have a few suggestions....like you weren't expecting any.

When I clicked on one of the pages, I got a popup that talked...I would ditch that...it's distracting.

On your links page, I'd add SoCalHHR's and our other participating HHR Vendors, who have aftermarket HHR parts and service. To my knowledge, SoCalHHR's was the first HHR only aftermarket parts owner/supplier and very well may still be.

I've bookmarked the site and will return again to see how it's progressing. You've done a very nice job so far. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:33 PM

Less popups and better images
Old 07-26-2006, 08:17 PM

not to jinx this but while checking out his site Norton a/v alerted me tha a "adware"/popup program was attempting to install and execvute. I immediatly closed window/page and nortons found it and removed it....:<:<
Old 07-26-2006, 08:27 PM

Once I got there - pretty nice!

First page was a redirect to some GW Bush site...???

Next I was told I had to have ACTIVEX to view it???

Then it came up.

How bizarre!!!!

Anyway check out our web site in my links below...

I'm kinda just getting into this whole web site production thingie.

Maybe we could share some ideas??? I know I have a ton of questions....
Old 07-26-2006, 08:30 PM

DUDE! turn off the friggin popups!

I had no less than a dozen before I could start closing the crappie windows...

I have now turned on my pop up blocker, thx soooo much!!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:18 PM

I got a Fricken virus alert from Norton about WinFix.

Steering clear of that site for now...
Old 07-27-2006, 09:22 AM

I understand the aggravation regarding the popups. Unfortunately those aren't my doing, those are from my webhost, and right now I can't afford the monthly plan to remove them. As far as why I'm even with them, they are one of the few hosts I've been able to find that allow normal FTP usage, which is necessary for my page editor.
I will take your advice, chd, and put up a link to SoCalHHR when I next get the opportunity to edit the page.
One last thing ... if anyone here owns the amethyst HHR whose picture is on the site and doesn't want it there, I'll remove it. I happened to find I was following it at the Grand Canyon, one of about ... oh, I'd say 20 HHRs we saw in and around Arizona.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
I understand the aggravation regarding the popups. Unfortunately those aren't my doing, those are from my webhost, and right now I can't afford the monthly plan to remove them. As far as why I'm even with them, they are one of the few hosts I've been able to find that allow normal FTP usage, which is necessary for my page editor.
I will take your advice, chd, and put up a link to SoCalHHR when I next get the opportunity to edit the page.
One last thing ... if anyone here owns the amethyst HHR whose picture is on the site and doesn't want it there, I'll remove it. I happened to find I was following it at the Grand Canyon, one of about ... oh, I'd say 20 HHRs we saw in and around Arizona.
Well I tried to look up things on your site but the pop ups got me and I Jumped out. When was you at the Grand Cayon? I was there about June 15th. and have an amethyst. Do not remeber anyone following me out but there was about 5 of us all in HHR's. A group of us about 8 HHR's got together and toook a trip up there. Here is the link to thise photos https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...light=williams

Quick Reply: HHR Nation