The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

HHR picks up another HHR in Parking Lot...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 02:29 PM

HHR picks up another HHR in Parking Lot...

I wish I had had my camera with me, but it's still cool. I went to see the movie "Run Fatboy Run". We parked my new HHR over on a side where there were no other cars - protecting my new baby.

Anyhow after watching the movie, lots of laughs,etc.(it's a good one), we headed out to the parking lot. Hubby goes "Which car is yours, babe?" I looked and there were two silver HHRs parked side-by-side. OMG my car found a friend...lol. Since picking mine up earlier this month I've only spotted a few around town so it was interesting to find another parked beside mine, same color with just a few minor differences. The other one had a sun roof and some added chrome (side mirrors and such). I joked my ride had found herself a boyfriend...lol.

I even bet that's why the other owner parked beside mine. Cool stuff!
Old 03-29-2008, 02:39 PM

I try to park next to one whenever I get a chance!
Old 03-29-2008, 02:40 PM

That's great. I will always park next to another HHR when I see one...or PT Cruiser...so they can see what they are missing.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:47 PM

I pulled up to a spot at the post office next to a dark red metallic HHR the other day, that had the driver sitting in it. I waved. He just looked at me like I was some kind of freak or something. Then he drove off.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:57 PM

Hey Pinky, you looking for a boyfriend?? I was that silver HHR beside you! I was also at the Run Fatboy Run special preview showing. I saw your HHR sitting there and knew I should park beside you, also noticed you back it into the spot, very classy

I've been noticing a lot more HHR's lately, I picked mine up in Sept 2005 and it was the third one to hit the streets of cowtown. It was nice for a while being so rare but now I'm just another one rolling around the streets!

Enjoy your new car and see you around
Old 03-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Founding Member

When I saw this thread I thought I was going to see a picture of and HHR picking up and HHR, you know like with a crane or cable....Now we have a happy ending to this story...boy HHR meets girl HHR...I'm wondering if they will spin their tires together
Old 03-29-2008, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
Hey Pinky, you looking for a boyfriend?? I was that silver HHR beside you! I was also at the Run Fatboy Run special preview showing. I saw your HHR sitting there and knew I should park beside you, also noticed you back it into the spot, very classy
:
lol...sorry, already taken. Been married for 10 years in July. Hubby backed the car in. I also prefer to do that, makes it easier for a quick escape...lol. I let him drive my baby now and then just so he doesn't get upset that we aren't driving the new truck he would rather of had.

Your's looks in pretty good shape for 2005. I like the chrome. I plan to mod mine a bit but haven't decided which way to go. I've been looking at flames and somehow working something subtle but pink in there. Gotta keep it subtle enough for hubby but pink enough for me...lol.

By the way, did you enjoy the movie? Are you a runner as well?
Old 03-30-2008, 03:41 PM

Hey Dawn, I thought the movie was really good. It was very funny and I did actually quite enjoy it. I was exhausted that night and I wasn't sure if I was going to stay awake throughout the movie but I did so that's a good sign.

I'm not a runner, I use to run cross country back in my school days and I think I remember finishing in the top 25 at one of the city competitions. But I haven't run in a long time. I've sort of let myself slides these last 5 years and I'm pretty out of shape right now (sort of like the character in the movie.) I'm starting a 6 week boot camp this week with my girlfriend so that we can get some motivation to get back into shape and become a lot more active again.

You should get yourself some pink fuzzy dice or pink fuzzy handcuffs to hang from your mirror (I'm sure your husband will love that!) A pink pinstripe would be a nice subtle touch and would probably look pretty nice against the grey back-drop.

By the way, thanks for the support in the cancer relay. I'm pretty excited about that. I've heard its a really fun event. A couple of my friends participated last year and decided to sign up a team this year. The Canadian Cancer Society always does so many good things and it feels good to be helping out a bit, it's not much but every little bit helps. I just hope the weather is nice that weekend, it will make things perfect!

Take it easy!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:40 PM

I'm a runner, a slow one but heh, I'm out there and that's what really counts. I teach "Learn to Run" at the local Running Room and really enjoy getting new runners out there.

It took me 12 years to finally get hubby out there running. He's pretty active but just never been much of a runner. The relay is a cool thing. I did a 12 hour one in Fernie and had a blast. This year it's the same weekend as the Underwear Affair that I'm participating in. The Underwear Affair raises money towards cancers below the waist and my Mom is a survivor so it's near and dear to me.

Good luck with your relay and I'll see you around.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
I pulled up to a spot at the post office next to a dark red metallic HHR the other day, that had the driver sitting in it. I waved. He just looked at me like I was some kind of freak or something. Then he drove off.
I try to park next to HHR's when I can. I like the sense of comeraderie(sp?)
I used to be in the VW bug and VW bus world, and they always like to wave at each other. Not so much with the HHR crowd... Yet.

Matt

Quick Reply: HHR picks up another HHR in Parking Lot...