The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

HHRs with Landmarks

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
I use Arcsoft Photoimpressions 3 which came with my digital camera. When I purchased a scanner recently, I received a copy of Adobe Photoshop haven't had time to sit down and learn how to use it yet. If you Google for some, you find freeware that will reduce photo resolutions for you but be sure to check for viruses before using it!

PS: Great picture Harpo. She is just adorable! The little girl and the car!
Thanks Sandy. Katy is a ham for sure!
She and her friends love the old car shows:

If you need any Photo shop help I can give you a few pointers, though I'm nowhere near an expert. I can usually find my way around it and use it quite frequently.I just wish we all had large screens and quick downloads so we all would not have to put up with so much JPG compression on the web. Things are looking better than they did a few years ago. Images are getting better that I see on the web. So many used to be brutal to look at.

I did my banner in Photoshop by merging a couple of pictures of our cars.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:53 AM

I'm taking a week off in April and plan to sit down and learn it. I also have 22 years of photos to scan. I need to the Photoshop to remove my ex-husband from many of them! LOL
Old 03-19-2007, 09:01 AM

I'm taking a week off in April and plan to sit down and learn it. I also have 22 years of photos to scan. I need to the Photoshop to remove my ex-husband from many of them! LOL
OUCH! THE curse of the "EX". I've seen it before!

Here is a link to another post where I brought up some photo retouching. You may find it worth a glance. Just something I did recently.
The second to the last post :
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...t=6383&page=14
Old 03-19-2007, 03:01 PM

Great work! I'll definitely contact you with questions.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:47 PM

Sandy, I have been to the air park you show and a neighbor of ours moved to Ft Walton Beach..
Old 03-19-2007, 09:20 PM

Great! If they see me, tell them to wave and honk. You'll have to come and visit. The Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola is even better. They also have an old fort you can tour.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:46 PM

Great! If they see me, tell them to wave and honk. You'll have to come and visit. The Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola is even better. They also have an old fort you can tour.
That's Ft.Pickens isn't it SB? Have they reopened it? I know the Gulf Islands National Park took quite a hit.Susie and I will be down that way soon I hope.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:22 PM

The Claybank Creek Church in Ozark AL was built in 1856 and is one of the oldest existing landmarks in Lower Alabama.It is in the National Registry of Historic Places.HB
Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2007, 07:57 PM

Great picture, HonestBlues!

No, I was talking about Fort Barrancas on NAS Pensacola. It's down the street from the museum. At least it's all still intact and the history of all three forts is very interesting. Just make sure you don't go in the heat of summer like we did. It's really hot in there. I don't recall if they have the light house open now or not. You might have to go to their website to make sure.

PM me if you guys head to town. I'd love to meet you guys!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 PM

Ozark what a nice little town at least back in '68 the last time I was there. Shopping at the Piggily Wiggly!! and the town sqare. I have always lived near L.A., CA it was a nice change.

Quick Reply: HHRs with Landmarks