The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

HHRs with Landmarks

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 12:44 PM

On my way home yesterday I remembered an old historic covered bridge that was not far from where I would be traveling, so I decided to stop and take some pics. The sun was right behind the bridge, so they turned out a bit dark, but after playing around with the pic I came up with this.
Attached Images  
Old 04-22-2007, 01:41 PM

Goose...if you're gonna be here in June...let me know and we'll plan to get together. Would love to meet another fellow forum member for sure.

SandyBeach...it is an awesome view from there...it's even better and much more scary from Mt Evans though.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
On my way home yesterday I remembered an old historic covered bridge that was not far from where I would be traveling, so I decided to stop and take some pics. The sun was right behind the bridge, so they turned out a bit dark, but after playing around with the pic I came up with this.
Great pic Doug! Where is that bridge?
Old 04-22-2007, 01:56 PM

Really nice shot,especially using the sepia tone.Gives it the old time look that equals the old time looking cars we drive.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Great pic Doug! Where is that bridge?
The bridge is in Monroe county, just west of Paris Mo. It was built in 1871 and is one of only 4 left of its type. Very cool.

Also below the bridge is a great fishing spot.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:52 PM

I love what you did with the photo, making it look aged. The HHR fits right in. Where was this bridge located? I didn't know there were any in Missouri.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
I love what you did with the photo, making it look aged. The HHR fits right in. Where was this bridge located? I didn't know there were any in Missouri.
Actually there are 4 historic covered bridges in Missouri, but none are very well known. Here is a website about the Union Covered Bridge with links at the bottom of the page to the other Missouri historic bridges.

http://www.mostateparks.com/unionbridge.htm
Old 04-22-2007, 03:11 PM

The bridge is in Monroe county, just west of Paris Mo. It was built in 1871 and is one of only 4 left of its type. Very cool.

Also below the bridge is a great fishing spot.
Thought it looked familiar! Very cool bridge and beautiful area.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:34 PM

Actually there are 4 historic covered bridges in Missouri, but none are very well known. Here is a website about the Union Covered Bridge with links at the bottom of the page to the other Missouri historic bridges.

http://www.mostateparks.com/unionbridge.htm
I've been to the Mastedon park and museum many years ago in Imperial but didn't know there was a covered bridge nearby. That's how I knew the correct spelling of mastedon on the show "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" I'll have to go see it the next time I head home for a visit.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:49 PM

The windmill at Solvang, CA:

(yes, those are ALL HHR's in the lot!)

T-Street Bridge (*one of the premier surf breaks in SoCal)

...another local landmark VVV :

With the Space Shuttle:

...and with Stubby! (if he's not a landmark yet - he should be!)

Quick Reply: HHRs with Landmarks