The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

How's your heart?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I just checked my blood pressure but I don't know if it's good. Is 151 over 96 okay, high, or borderline problem?
That's way too high, my friend. Make an appointment with a physician you trust and follow his/her recommendations. I speak from experience.

Oh..and for you diabetics out there? Watch out if they prescribe Avandia or Avandamet (a combination of Avandia and Metformin). Avandamet put me in the hospital with cardiac symptoms last year.

The bottom line...exercise, lose weight, avoid sugar and processed flour products, eat whole grains and take a shot of Crown Royal at least once a day.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
Remember - You can't drive your HHR if you are dead.
That is a really good incentive to stay healthy
Old 09-07-2007, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I just checked my blood pressure but I don't know if it's good. Is 151 over 96 okay, high, or borderline problem?
If your readings are consistantly in that range you probably should have your Doc check it out! Mine has me on 2 BP meds plus a diuretic. He's happy to see it down under 130/80. Seven years ago, when I was 67, I started having occasional Angina attacks. They put a Stent in one blocked Artery and put me on these meds, plus Lovastatin for cholesterol. So far so good, as far as that part of my body is concerned.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by enri9267
What I should of said was average. I track mine and with meds it stays around 112/71. Cholesterol before HA was 236 -- now 131. I don't want that elephant setting on my chest again. Once was one time to many, Thank U....!!!
Yea me too. I try to advise people to watch there BP and they kind of say it won't happen to them. Oh well I tried that's all I can do.

Alan
Old 09-07-2007, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
I'm glad I started this thread. Seems to me that I have a few folks thinking more about their health, and a little less of everything else. Remember - You can't drive your HHR if you are dead.
Boy you can say that again.

BTW Firewatcher I am a Patriot and Red Sox fan. Transplanted to Florida 27
years ago this month from New Hampshire. Yep I'm a carpet bagger.

Alan
Old 09-07-2007, 08:11 PM

I have an irregular heartbeat, gallstones, and an old fracture of the pars articularis on my L4 vertebrae. The irregular heartbeat is partially genetic as my mother had the same thing but had RF Ablation done a few yrs ago, the stone's I have no idea how I got them because I have low cholesterol, eat low fat, and am not obese. The fractured L4 probably stems from my athletic hobbies some years back.

I don't mind working though. I'm not as gung-ho about my job as when younger but I still don't mind it. Heartbeat has been checked out EKG and stress echo and told no underlying heart problems, just throw PVC's in a pattern of bigeminy at times and nothing to fret over, avoid alcohol, caffiene, chocolate (not...), and don't take up smoking (non-smoker).
Old 09-07-2007, 11:11 PM

Over all I think I'm pretty healthy, just need to quit smoking and I'll be good. but that is another story altogether now.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by stick
Over all I think I'm pretty healthy, just need to quit smoking and I'll be good. but that is another story altogether now.
Quit smoking(15yrs.) was the HARDEST for me after the HA, but it's been 2yrs. this November.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Stovebolt HHR
Boy you can say that again.

BTW Firewatcher I am a Patriot and Red Sox fan. Transplanted to Florida 27
years ago this month from New Hampshire. Yep I'm a carpet bagger.

Alan
I won't hold moving south against you. I spend time every winter with my sister in St. Lucie County. Hope you watched last night's game against Baltimore. Cabrera should be shot for throwing at Pedroia's head!
Old 09-08-2007, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by enri9267
Quit smoking(15yrs.) was the HARDEST for me after the HA, but it's been 2yrs. this November.
Congrats! I know exactly how you feel. I quit after my first HA, but started up again. I stopped after the second HA. It will be 3 years on October 18th at 9:45 PM

Quick Reply: How's your heart?