The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

I am thinking of trading my car for a new HHR

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 07:30 PM

I am thinking of trading my car for a new HHR

Hey guys, I am new here. This might sound crazy but I was thinkinh of trading my 2006 trailblazer SS for a 2007 HHR. Dealer is going to call me tomorrow on the details. Reason I am doing is that I am going to be a house thats roughly 35 miles from work which would cost me $12 a day of gas! I always liked the looks of the HHR and now they come with a black interior. SO?? Any comments? tips? quality wise? problems? love?hate?

thanks!
Ralph
Old 08-04-2006, 07:38 PM

to chevyhhr.net...where you can find anything HHR.

I think you'll be very pleased with the HHR. It's great on gas...cool on looks and a ton of fun to mod. Quality is great and I haven't had any problems with mine except it wanting me to keep spending money to make it look cooler than it already is.

I love everything about my car and wouldn't change a thing. The only thing that bothered me to begin with was the location of the window controls, but I've gotten used to them now. Other than that...what's to hate about having a snazzy looking car that turns heads no matter where you go.

Last edited by courthousedeb; 08-05-2006 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:54 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I have noticed some people have gotten over 30 mpg on them which is great. Can you give me advie on what options are not worth the money?? I have to admit I didnt like the interior until I saw a black one. I hate grey interiors. Solid car? I suppose it is a uni-body?

Ralph
Old 08-04-2006, 07:55 PM

What She Said !!
Old 08-04-2006, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb

I think you'll be very pleased with the HHR. It's great on gas...cool on looks and a ton of fun to mod. Quality is great and I haven't had any problems with mine except it wanting me to keep spending mondy to make it look cooler than it already is.

I love everything about my car and wouldn't change a thing. The only thing that bothered me to begin with was the location of the window controls, but I've gotten used to them now. Other than that...what's to hate about having a snazzy looking car that turns heads no matter where you go.
What She Said !!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:00 PM

well i guess the engine block heater isn't really a necessity and if you want to put aftermarket wheels on it don't bother getting the high polished ones. Also if you are going to mod the grille,mirrors etc then you really don't need the bright chrome appearance package. The sport tuned suspension,abs,side air bags,onstar, and xm are really nice options in my opinion. If you want nice wheels then look at the chevy hhr book for 2007 it says their are wheels available from chevy accerories.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:00 PM

I think you'll be very pleased with the HHR. It's great on gas...cool on looks and a ton of fun to mod. Quality is great and I haven't had any problems with mine except it wanting me to keep spending mondy to make it look cooler than it already is.

I SECOND THAT
Old 08-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Banned

If you were closer I would trade you my 2006 HHR!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:04 PM

Thanks guys, I am going to the dealer and see hat happens, if they are going to rape then i aint doing it. I love this truck and wasnt planning on moving. 18 mpg is decent for what it is but to much $$ for my commute. Worse comes to worse I will buy a hoopty and keep the SS. It only has 3021 miles on it.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:28 PM

Yes what Deb said. Wife would like to have her own but we need something bigger with 3 boys and one is a teenager. So you can say we are very happy with my (ok sometime our) HHR.

Quick Reply: I am thinking of trading my car for a new HHR