The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

I finally broke down......

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Founding Member

I finally broke down......

....and bought an Apple Ipad. OMGosh..... what a nifty little toy!
I have an iPod Touch (4th Gen) and love it. The iPad seems like it's an iPod on steroids.

Do you have either one? What do you primarily use yours for?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 AM

Sounds pretty cool! I don't have either, but I've always been impressed by them and thought they're pretty nifty. Enjoy, sounds like you already are.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:31 AM

Ours will be coming in by next weekend. We got it for our oldest son who is starting school (kindergarten!)next year...yes, I know that sounds silly, but let me explain. He's in speech and occupational therapy. It is a wonderful tool to help with hand/eye coordination, counting, reading...not to mention computer skills! They have two ipads in his pre-school class and he is a whiz on them. All of the specialized apps are available in itunes. Can't wait to get it...er, for him to get it :O)
Old 04-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Founding Member

I've read iPads are making their way into school programs now.

...and yeah, I admit, I've gotten three stars in all levels of all the Angry Birds games.
Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Rio.
I have 3 stars in all level and now go for higher point scores.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:33 AM

I have an Ipad and a Xoom I think the xoom is a better machine they both are fantastic though!!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Founding Member

Cool beans Sindy! I think service advisors at dealerships will soon be using them (or some type of pad) instead of clip boards.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by bf4cm28
I have an Ipad and a Xoom I think the xoom is a better machine they both are fantastic though!!
I hadn't tried the Xoom but read that the copy/cut/paste feature as on the iPad was not doable on the Xoom. This is why I selected the iPad. I did not do a test run with a Xoom but had messed with a friends iPad and loved it.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:16 PM

I'm assuming you went with the iPad2? did you have to wait for it?? We went to the local Apple store to get ours and there was a 3 week wait...or I could camp out at the mall at 6am and wait until 9am when it opened for the "chance" to get an opportunity to buy one. We just ordered it online and had it shipped.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Founding Member

Yep, I went with the iPad2. I bought it off eBay new sealed in the box and made a 90 mile drive to LA to pick it up. The seller was cool with that and the pick up was done in a public place. So it worked out great.

Originally Posted by SmootHHR
I'm assuming you went with the iPad2? did you have to wait for it?? We went to the local Apple store to get ours and there was a 3 week wait...or I could camp out at the mall at 6am and wait until 9am when it opened for the "chance" to get an opportunity to buy one. We just ordered it online and had it shipped.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:30 PM

I'm always leery of meeting someone for a CList or ebay purchase. Lotsa weirdo's out there. Glad you adventure worked out. Sounds like you are pleased with your purchase. Noticed any glitches/things you don't care for? This will be our first apple product...we don't even have an ipod lol

Quick Reply: I finally broke down......