The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

I freaking give up.:(

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:33 PM

I freaking give up.:(

First off we got our HHR at the end of sept '08...
Back in febuary some some dingy highschool girl on her cell phone rearended us because she was on her cell phone.
Insurance gave us $400 to repair it..nothing major just mostly paint scuffs which I buffed out myself.

Well today My wife sends me this this..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...g?t=1242523569

I don't know the story on it yet and haven't got to inspect the damage either.. All i know is some woman backed into her somewhere.
The lady wanted to just exchange insurance info and leave because she had to get to a birthday party.

Maybe we should just get rid of this thing and get a dang beat up corsica something I woudln't care if it got the crap beat out of it.
I'm so sick of stuff we work hard for getting destroyed by other people not paying attention.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:08 PM

That sucks...sorry to hear/see that. My next car is gonna be decent but come pre door dinged scratched/whatever.....park where you want etc and not give it a second thought. Too many inconsiderate a-holes out there to keep anything nice

Goose
Old 05-16-2009, 09:22 PM

Oooh....bummer! Sorry to see that! I hat how most people are so inconsiderate these days...
Old 05-16-2009, 09:44 PM

I have a rear bumper for sale
Old 05-16-2009, 10:05 PM

The lady was going to her daughters bday party and had the cab of her truck full of balloons. That was her excuse for not being able to see.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:35 PM

thats no excuse... i drove a HUGE chevy van with no windows... and bad brakes... that was filled with heavy things...

and i never did anything like this.

its simple, how much does driving like a grown up matter to you?

and how stupid is said person!
Old 05-16-2009, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Smallblock
Back in febuary some some dingy highschool girl on her cell phone rearended us because she was on her cell phone.
Insurance gave us $400 to repair it..nothing major just mostly paint scuffs which I buffed out myself.

I don't know the story on it yet and haven't got to inspect the damage either.. All i know is some woman backed into her somewhere.
The lady wanted to just exchange insurance info and leave because she had to get to a birthday party.

Maybe we should just get rid of this thing and get a dang beat up corsica something I woudln't care if it got the crap beat out of it.
I'm so sick of stuff we work hard for getting destroyed by other people not paying attention.
I know how you feel man. When I bought my brand new 1986 VW Golf GTI, I was just out of the dealership, after they gave me the keys of the car. Went to McDonalds for lunch.... An old lady backed right into the drivers door of my band spankin new VW.... I Wasn't even able to open the door. I had to enter the car using the passenger door. I was fuming.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:49 AM

Hope your wife called the cops and got the woman ticketed.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Smallblock

Know how you feel. I park away from people just to avoid damage, its seem's to follow me. I have been Backed into twice already. Granted it was all low speed and was able to be buffed out but that's not the point.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:37 PM

We were quoted about $2600 to fix it.

Quick Reply: I freaking give up.:(