The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

I hate Being Young

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:19 AM

plusses for a basement:
its an additional floor that stays cool year round, great for relaxing and acts as a little get away. Has almost unlimited potential for just about whatever you want to do- game room, home theater, pool room, bar, since the floor is concrete you can throw down a jacoozie (sp?) if it will fit down the stairs. PRIVACY!!!! usually with little or no windows at all, you can basicly do whatever you want down there ^_^ *hehe*

minusses:
tends to stay somewhat damp if moisture is evident, requires de-humidifying. If the foundation cracks, expect massive ammounts of $$$ to fall out of your pockets. Basements like to collect just about every known "bug", expect cobwebbs. If you have a heavy rain, and your power goes out, you better have a back up generator to power your pump or else you are gonna flood, again expect massive ammounts of $$$$ to fall out of your pockets especially if the basement is finished.

I personally am looking for places with 2 things in mind- a large enough garage to mod vehicles in without having to sacrifice tool box space, and 2 a basement large enough to enjoy as an entertainment room. :)
Old 06-29-2009, 10:39 PM

yea, We looked at the House with no basement, While the house was OK. We didn't like that house mainly due to no basement and a very small yard. We are currently working with the realtor to put a offer on a Raised Ranch, It has a half basement and a Crawl. Even know if ur under the age of 7 you can walk the entire basement.
We shall see how that pans out. Its a Short Sale, however the owners are in good terms with the bank. There asking alittle to much for it,they owe alot. We will see if our offer is enough.
You never know expecially (sp) right now with the market the way it is.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:11 AM

I know you are not looking to build, but if anyone is or plans to, then go w/ a wood basement. My parents built around 8 years ago and have a wood basement. It avoids the damp, moisture problem. Just like the upper levels but cooler temp wise. Wood basement are the best way to go if you build. Just my 2 cents
Old 07-02-2009, 08:38 PM

Well we put a Offer in on a House over the weekend. It got excepted Today!

Now the Bank just has to approve it.

Its a Short Sale. House is at the top of our price range with the taxes etc.
House's appraised for 219,000 Last Sept. If the bank approves it etc we get to pay taxes for a 219,000 House. When we Bought it for 135,000.

Now Taking Donations!!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:16 PM

I love being young.

I'm 21. I got 1 year of college left. I don't wanna meet the real world, lol.

But seriously, as nice as I have it in college, I'm ready to get a job and make some real money - assuming I can get a job with the economy the way it is.