The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

I just need to $#$%# vent

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:47 PM

Angry I just need to $#$%# vent

I just need to and vent!

It's been a month since I ordered vent visors from one of our supporting vendors. I 've fired off several e-mails requesting an update - which I admit they've done a good job replying to me. But still no box arriving at my front door. Although it was a credit card order, which gives me an alternate method to rectify this problem..It's still going to be a #$#@$% hassle!

I'm not ready to name the vendor yet..but I'm close. From now on I'll stick with local businesses for HHR stuff. At least I can go face to face when I have issues.

I miss doing business with Mike Pope of SoCALHHR's!! Quick turnaround!! Too bad he couldn't stick around being a vendor.

I'm done rambling semi-coherently...good night.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:55 PM

Stinks when you are waiting for something you really want...chances are that it is being drop shipped so the vendor may be at the mercy of that warehouse...

A month is a pretty ridiculous amount of time though

Goose
Old 03-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Founding Member

I miss Mike too!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:04 PM

I know EXACTLY what you mean D-man. What kills me is the promises not kept. I hate being lied to. I dont have the time to hunt for local vendors and there's not alot of em around my area. Ok Im done too.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:20 PM

Grumpee
I feel for you Bro, I know what you mean I hate waiting for anything. I hint for you and any others that are looking for a product for your HHr, Ask your Local Police officer what vendors out fit their Police vehicles and then check them out that is what I did, I received my Vent visors , Hands free cradle and Wax products from them and I'll tell you I also have saved $$$$.

Rudy
Old 03-21-2008, 09:05 PM

if it was a creidt card order....

Was your card charged? If it was that was quite unethical (and possibly a violation of the merchant card agreement) that your card was charged before the item was ready to be shipped.

If your card was charged and you did not recieve the item it is quite simple to do a charge back. Takes about 2 minutes to send your CC company the information and they take it off your account as soon as they receive the chargeback request.

Quite simple, and also if you don't want to wait, don't do business with that vendor (either a supporting vendor or not) money talks and if they continue to do business that way...poof they'll be gone
Old 03-21-2008, 09:34 PM

Vinny,

Thanks for the advice. It is my intention to do just that.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:51 PM

I'm Happy again. Hats off to the Vendors - Bill & Linda from HHR Boutiques for making arrangement's to ship an alternative brand of window visors (Lund) which I installed today. They were having problems with an unreliable EGR. Note that they've dropped that brand from their site.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:22 PM

I had a feeling that it was a supplier hosing things up...with the amount of drop shipping nowadays sometimes the vendor gets caught in a tough situation.

Glad they made things right...they are a class act

How are the Lunds ? In channel?

Pics?

Goose
Old 04-05-2008, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
I had a feeling that it was a supplier hosing things up...with the amount of drop shipping nowadays sometimes the vendor gets caught in a tough situation.

Glad they made things right...they are a class act

How are the Lunds ? In channel?

Pics?

Goose
These are Lunds Eclipse in channels. They do have adhesive strips which when installed adhere the outward facing top edge to the inside of the channel. Hardest part was trying to peel off the backing on the adhesive foam strips. Per the instruction 'slowly move the window up' - This is to allowyou to catch any misalignment and to allow the visors to properly seat in the channel. 'Leave windows in place for 24 hours' - (don't roll the windows down).

The adhesive kind of bothers me, but we'll see how well these work tomorrow

I like the fact that these are low profile in that it don't stick out away from the body of the car.

I'll post pics later when there's daylight out.

D.R. 'GRUMPEE'

Quick Reply: I just need to $#$%# vent