The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Immigration problem
Needs to be fixed/addressed
90.52%
Leave it alone, no problem
9.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Immigration problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:49 AM

Please, lets keep this as a discussion, not a place to post your favorite G. Carlin material, say what YOU want on topic, not repeat someone who, by the way , has writers.
And you DON`T have to post to vote....
Old 06-20-2007, 05:55 AM

Until I became a business owner about 7 years ago,I could've cared less about immigration. My family and I had been living in Nashville in the mid 90's and it was there that I first noticed the influx of immigrants. Who cares I thought. We moved back home to "cornfield county" in Indiana,and whammo the Mexican population is crazy. I have since had many 1st hand experiences both good and bad with the "illegals". I say that term because I know of only 1 Mexican here who has their green card. Most of these people are nice decent people.Most of them would be here legally, but our government doesn't seem to want them here that way. My only problem with their status is the fact that they will drive without insurance and be the first to run back to Mexico if they have a major crash and leave the rest of us to pay for their problem. Unfortunately for 2 young ladies that I know, they became involved with illegals and both got pregnant. Now their babies daddies are back in Mexico and they have to do it alone and the taxpayers are footing the bills now. As far as the job thing, most of the illegals here work at a furniture factory that would rather and do hire americans,but they pay the illegals less on the hour and they get no bene's either. All of the illegals here go to Chicago and get their fake id's to get their jobs. The factory is most assuredly in on it because 3 of the guys have the exact same id's, with different pics. btw I sell several pizzas to the illegals each week and they HAVE to use English or no sale. I learned enough of the local language to live in foreign countries when I was in the military, If they want my pizza they must learn to say, pepperoni, pineapple, jalapeno, and ham!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pizzaman
Until I became a business owner about 7 years ago,I could've cared less about immigration. My family and I had been living in Nashville in the mid 90's and it was there that I first noticed the influx of immigrants. Who cares I thought. We moved back home to "cornfield county" in Indiana,and whammo the Mexican population is crazy. I have since had many 1st hand experiences both good and bad with the "illegals". I say that term because I know of only 1 Mexican here who has their green card. Most of these people are nice decent people.Most of them would be here legally, but our government doesn't seem to want them here that way. My only problem with their status is the fact that they will drive without insurance and be the first to run back to Mexico if they have a major crash and leave the rest of us to pay for their problem. Unfortunately for 2 young ladies that I know, they became involved with illegals and both got pregnant. Now their babies daddies are back in Mexico and they have to do it alone and the taxpayers are footing the bills now. As far as the job thing, most of the illegals here work at a furniture factory that would rather and do hire americans,but they pay the illegals less on the hour and they get no bene's either. All of the illegals here go to Chicago and get their fake id's to get their jobs. The factory is most assuredly in on it because 3 of the guys have the exact same id's, with different pics. btw I sell several pizzas to the illegals each week and they HAVE to use English or no sale. I learned enough of the local language to live in foreign countries when I was in the military, If they want my pizza they must learn to say, pepperoni, pineapple, jalapeno, and ham!
Business that hire illegals should loose their business licenses. They are taking jobs from those that are here legally.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:34 AM

That`s exactly what I say , that company know`s the bottom line, profit, and the claim that Americans won`t do the work is bogus. The employer won`t pay what the prevailing wages are, so he can make a profit.
He should be out of business, but the American customers won`t quit buying from him.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:26 AM

I do not condone what the company does.
They employ nearly 150 American citizens. Only 50 or so Illegals.
Sometimes because the prevailing wage is so high, the business is often competing at a big disadvantage right out of the box. but with the trade dispairty with asian countries, I would rather hire SOME illegals than close or move out of country. So, I can almost understand why they do it.
I as an American will never do it.
BTW If you are an american citizen, they usually will give you a job and let go one of the illegals.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Please, lets keep this as a discussion, not a place to post your favorite G. Carlin material, say what YOU want on topic, not repeat someone who, by the way , has writers.
And you DON`T have to post to vote....
Would you prefer Terrible Ted? I know he does not use writers!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Pizzaman
I do not condone what the company does.
They employ nearly 150 American citizens. Only 50 or so Illegals.
Sometimes because the prevailing wage is so high, the business is often competing at a big disadvantage right out of the box. but with the trade dispairty with asian countries, I would rather hire SOME illegals than close or move out of country. So, I can almost understand why they do it.
I as an American will never do it.
BTW If you are an american citizen, they usually will give you a job and let go one of the illegals.
You can't give "some". It's all or nothing. For every illegial they hire, they are not putting their share into the social security system, not paying taxes, and that is one more job that an legal citizen does not have. If that company cannont survive by not playing by the legal rules, sorry, guess that was not meant to be.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:56 AM

All of the illegals here have bogus credentials. they all pay in on all taxes and into SS.
Like I also stated, Go ask for a job and they will hire.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:11 PM

again with all the bogus "stuff" posted here

watch PENN and TELLERs bul**** on immigration...
Old 06-20-2007, 02:09 PM

I'm really not on either side of this issue, as I think it's WAY beyond anyone's fixing - government or otherwise. There's too many factors involved, including several which are outside our purview and borders. However, if all of these immigrants (legal or illegal) DID, in fact, decide to "become Americans", here's what what they would have to accomplish:
- Continually complain about how (badly) government goes about doing (or not doing) things, and then offer solutions they think can be instituted overnight.
- Learn how to drive even worse than they already do while talking on the cell phone, putting on makeup, and disciplining their kids in the backseat.
- Become even more obese than they already are; preferrably up to the category of "morbidly".
- Learn how to spell really, really bad - in person and on-line.
- Claim that you are now "handicapped" due to your obesity and demand several social services.
- Sue everyone for any reason you can think of.
- Become addicted to the latest drug of the week, usually prescribed for: obesity, sleeplessness, depression, hyperactivity, ADD, etc.
- Demand that your parents pay for higher education, should you decided to pursue that avenue. Oh yeah, and clothes, food, and a place to live while you earn those "C"s, too.
- Blame all of your problems on the people who did not choose to "become Americans" and are still classified as "minorities."
- Speak one language only, despite monolinguism hindering your efforts to conduct worldwide business.
- Purchase a huge SUV/pickup and blame the Bush administration, Cheney, and/or "those A-rabs" for high gas prices.
- Complain about Democrats and Republicans.
- Constantly offer solutions and suggestions to problems you know very little about.
- Become even more obese and then sue someone for that, too.

We could go on and on with this, but I think we all get the idea. Nobody's mind will get changed, the problem(s) will exist, and we won't see a solution in our lifetimes.

Quick Reply: Immigration problem