The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Immigration problem
Needs to be fixed/addressed
90.52%
Leave it alone, no problem
9.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Immigration problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
I'm really not on either side of this issue, as I think it's WAY beyond anyone's fixing - government or otherwise. There's too many factors involved, including several which are outside our purview and borders. However, if all of these immigrants (legal or illegal) DID, in fact, decide to "become Americans", here's what what they would have to accomplish:
- Continually complain about how (badly) government goes about doing (or not doing) things, and then offer solutions they think can be instituted overnight.
- Learn how to drive even worse than they already do while talking on the cell phone, putting on makeup, and disciplining their kids in the backseat.
- Become even more obese than they already are; preferrably up to the category of "morbidly".
- Learn how to spell really, really bad - in person and on-line.
- Claim that you are now "handicapped" due to your obesity and demand several social services.
- Sue everyone for any reason you can think of.
- Become addicted to the latest drug of the week, usually prescribed for: obesity, sleeplessness, depression, hyperactivity, ADD, etc.
- Demand that your parents pay for higher education, should you decided to pursue that avenue. Oh yeah, and clothes, food, and a place to live while you earn those "C"s, too.
- Blame all of your problems on the people who did not choose to "become Americans" and are still classified as "minorities."
- Speak one language only, despite monolinguism hindering your efforts to conduct worldwide business.
- Purchase a huge SUV/pickup and blame the Bush administration, Cheney, and/or "those A-rabs" for high gas prices.
- Complain about Democrats and Republicans.
- Constantly offer solutions and suggestions to problems you know very little about.
- Become even more obese and then sue someone for that, too.

We could go on and on with this, but I think we all get the idea. Nobody's mind will get changed, the problem(s) will exist, and we won't see a solution in our lifetimes.

It's so funny because it's so TRUE!!
Old 06-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Banned

I'm really not on either side of this issue, as I think it's WAY beyond anyone's fixing - government or otherwise. There's too many factors involved, including several which are outside our purview and borders. However, if all of these immigrants (legal or illegal) DID, in fact, decide to "become Americans", here's what what they would have to accomplish:
- Continually complain about how (badly) government goes about doing (or not doing) things, and then offer solutions they think can be instituted overnight.
- Learn how to drive even worse than they already do while talking on the cell phone, putting on makeup, and disciplining their kids in the backseat.
- Become even more obese than they already are; preferrably up to the category of "morbidly".
- Learn how to spell really, really bad - in person and on-line.
- Claim that you are now "handicapped" due to your obesity and demand several social services.
- Sue everyone for any reason you can think of.
- Become addicted to the latest drug of the week, usually prescribed for: obesity, sleeplessness, depression, hyperactivity, ADD, etc.
- Demand that your parents pay for higher education, should you decided to pursue that avenue. Oh yeah, and clothes, food, and a place to live while you earn those "C"s, too.
- Blame all of your problems on the people who did not choose to "become Americans" and are still classified as "minorities."
- Speak one language only, despite monolinguism hindering your efforts to conduct worldwide business.
- Purchase a huge SUV/pickup and blame the Bush administration, Cheney, and/or "those A-rabs" for high gas prices.
- Complain about Democrats and Republicans.
- Constantly offer solutions and suggestions to problems you know very little about.
- Become even more obese and then sue someone for that, too.

We could go on and on with this, but I think we all get the idea. Nobody's mind will get changed, the problem(s) will exist, and we won't see a solution in our lifetimes.
Great post. I'm kind of guilty of:

But let me explane.............
I speak French but not too good because I learned here in the American school system. It's pretty useless to me unless I visit France or go to the French speaking parts of Canada. I also speak a little Italian because of my family. What I picked up is mostly swearing. Next is my Spanish. It was taught to me by all my Puerto Rican friends. Once again it's mostly swearing and useful phrases like "Where is the bathroom?" and "Where is the beer?".

Last edited by captain howdy; 06-21-2007 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pizzaman
All of the illegals here have bogus credentials. they all pay in on all taxes and into SS.
Like I also stated, Go ask for a job and they will hire.
But if they have bogus credentials AND PAY TAXES AND SS, WHO is getting the credits for those taxes and SS. If I remember correctly, a couple of our politicals attempted to pass a law where the illegal would get this credited back, if they became citizens. It DID NOT PASS. So, the illegal does get "screwed", even if we allow them the privilege of working in our country.

So I'm confused, if an illegal steals and uses my identity, pays SS into my account....he doesn't get the credits. If he is using fraudulent, none existant identification numbers, it goes into a none existant account.......and still doesn't get credit for the monies. We just had a similar case to this, here in AZ. A "legal" person filed for a SS number and was issued a NEW number. About a year or so, she determined the number was already in use when it was issued to her. THE UNCLE, says your problem, we issued a good number and are not responsible for someone stealing the number. About the 3rd sentence from the end of the article stated, from the SS employee, "She should look to the upside. Someone has been posting money to her account and SHE gets the credit".
Old 06-20-2007, 07:20 PM

Old 06-21-2007, 06:09 AM

Maybe one way to try and fix the problem, would be a National I.D..
Sorta like a passport, but more like a state I.D.. But the info would not have such inclusions like s.s.# that could lead to theft.
Of course the first part would be to guarantee/varify that the person who gets the card is the person who should have it, which pretty much eliminates that idea right there, never mind.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:47 PM

we already have a national id, your drivers license. no ss #'s on it. as ar as a national id, lots of places have done it, germany did it back in what '34?, that worked out very well. 'course you are from the peoples republic of illinois, with chicago bein the worst place there. **sigh**, and if the sarcasm doesnt shine through, the slight is not against you but your state/city, and the idea of a national id that hitler placed right before turning warsaw into a ghetto.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Maybe one way to try and fix the problem, would be a National I.D..
Sorta like a passport, but more like a state I.D.. But the info would not have such inclusions like s.s.# that could lead to theft.
Of course the first part would be to guarantee/varify that the person who gets the card is the person who should have it, which pretty much eliminates that idea right there, never mind.

Yea right like a CDL , You see were that got us besides as you said the Passport is the National I.D. and look were that got us. (Aircraft flying into buildings) 911, I'm sure they had National Passport I.D.
Z

Last edited by Z-Man; 06-21-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:04 PM

CDL problem???

Originally Posted by Z-Man
Yea right like a CDL , You see were that got us besides as you said the Passport is the National I.D. and look were that got us. (Aircraft flying into buildings) 911, I'm sure they had National Passport I.D.
Z
I`m not familiar with any problems with legally obtained CDL`s.
Maybe you`d like to expound.
As far as a National I.D., I didn`t mean to open up wounds of another era, and assume that any program would lead us to the conclusion that was reached in Germany.
I said "Like a passport".
A passport is for leaving and entering.
And no piece of I.D. will prevent people set on doing something, from doing it.
If it did, there would be no crime, we all carry some form of I.D. now.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:50 AM

WE AINT GOIN NO WHERE, ESE

Even if they did leave, its 1.6 million.. thats just 5 weddings and a quinceniera (when a young girl turns 15)

ah just some george lopez humor...
Old 06-22-2007, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Please, lets keep this as a discussion, not a place to post your favorite G. Carlin material, say what YOU want on topic, not repeat someone who, by the way , has writers.
And you DON`T have to post to vote....
I only said G. Carlin, because I couldn`t possibly name all the people who have very witty things to say, but could future posters , post your own thoughts, most of the other stuff has already been laughed at.

Quick Reply: Immigration problem