The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Immigration problem
Needs to be fixed/addressed
90.52%
Leave it alone, no problem
9.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Immigration problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 05:07 PM

Dear Mexican: Why do Americans ***** about Mexicans stealing jobs? I see white guys overseeing Mexican crews constantly. The only thing I can think of that would make a white guy hire Mexicans is if they’re willing to work for less pay than Americans. Lots of Americans like getting more for less, so why do they complain if lots of American bosses like getting more for less? Also, lots of Americans praise values like working hard and taking care of their families, yet jobs go unfilled because they won’t “work beneath their dignity.” Mexicans will “work beneath their dignity” so they can feed their families. So how do Mexicans “steal” jobs that Americans don’t want, and why is it bad that they work like this? Am I missing something here?
Canadian Tourist

Dear Hoser: Why do Americans ***** about Mexicans stealing jobs? Why does the Mexican jumping bean jump? Gabachos whining about immigrants (whether legal or illegal) undercutting the American working man is as essential to this country’s bedrock of liberty as the blood spilled on Iwo Jima. What’s most fascinating about this psychosis is how it continues to persist despite everyone knowing who the true culprit is: the free market. Sorry, Tom Tancredo: You can erect all the border walls and sic all the migra agents you want to keep Mexicans away, but if Big Business wants wabs, Big Business will get wabs. Deny our captains of industry the right to hire whom they please, and we’ll turn into a country with a stagnant economy—like, say, Mexico.

ASK A MEXICAN
Old 06-24-2007, 09:24 PM

The newest state, Old Mexico.....

What if there was a way, to make Mexico a state, then there would be no reason the leave for here, they`d be here already.
Hmmm, Old Mexico.
I guess first there should be a report of WMD`s, that would get the old ball rolling.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Founding Member

North Mexico=San Diego/Southern California
Old 06-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
What if there was a way, to make Mexico a state, then there would be no reason the leave for here, they`d be here already.
Like Puerto Rico?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:09 AM

Wonder how much our HHR's would cost if they were made in the USA? Just a thought...
Old 06-25-2007, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by deserthhr
Wonder how much our HHR's would cost if they were made in the USA? Just a thought...

HAHAH thats the exact thought i had in my head...
oh yea lets bag on the mexicans for stealing american jobs.. but our own cars are built in mexico for im sure 3/4 cheaper labor than what they are wokring for in detroit or wherever they woud have got made...

now factor in all that , and im sure my 2LT would have been for sure $30K instead of $18K
Old 06-25-2007, 05:38 AM

That`s not a factor now, you have your ride, "Let`s Roll..."
Old 06-25-2007, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
I only said G. Carlin, because I couldn`t possibly name all the people who have very witty things to say, but could future posters , post your own thoughts, most of the other stuff has already been laughed at.
I agree... If you have your own opinion, state it. But if somebody before you said it better, there are always the use of quotations. Sure, somebody may have already heard it, but so what? Just because some people are lacking in the creativity department doesn't mean you have to snap at them.

Just my
Old 06-25-2007, 05:46 PM

PG-13, I forgot

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
I agree... If you have your own opinion, state it. But if somebody before you said it better, there are always the use of quotations. Sure, somebody may have already heard it, but so what? Just because some people are lacking in the creativity department doesn't mean you have to snap at them.

Just my
I`m sorry if I hurt your feelings, didn`t mean to snap (or appear to) but that was the original request of the author.
You can vote and move on, someone with creativity, and an opinion, is waiting to post.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by EL_REY
HAHAH thats the exact thought i had in my head...
oh yea lets bag on the mexicans for stealing american jobs.. but our own cars are built in mexico for im sure 3/4 cheaper labor than what they are wokring for in detroit or wherever they woud have got made...

now factor in all that , and im sure my 2LT would have been for sure $30K instead of $18K
I think it would cost the same. If there is a cost savings by building the HHR in Mexico, it helps to balance out the expense of building other vehicles in the US. I'm sure we didn't get a discounted price.

Quick Reply: Immigration problem