The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Immigration problem
Needs to be fixed/addressed
90.52%
Leave it alone, no problem
9.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Immigration problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:19 PM

Dont think for one second that the companies that build outside of the united states using cheap labor dont charge what it would cost to build here in the US! There using cheap labor to increase there profits! They save a whole lot of money by not only paying cheap hourly pay but by not paying workmans comp and health insurance!

Manufacturers charge what that local economy will support!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:12 AM

Born here but grandparents....

Came here via Ellis Island from Sicily. Back then, you knew that once you got here it was going to be quite an ordeal to stay here.

They had to go thru med checks, etc etc etc etc. After all was said and done they were American citizens. My Grandfather was a tailor and they also owned several small stores. Illegal aliens here now and the ones on the way might have their place as well, however they are bringing in diseases that we have eradicated long ago and exhausting our resources. Something needs to be done and fast.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:29 AM

There is no immigration problem... immigration is a great thing. There is an illegal alien problem that is a serious threat to all Americans.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:35 AM

Okay, here is a question for you fine folks on this site.....

What about the person who had both parents born and raised in America, then they decided to move to another country. While in the other country they decide to have a child, then decide to move back to the USA once that child is born. Said child is around the age of two or so, what happens to that child and what nationality is it?
Old 01-14-2008, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by stick

What about the person who had both parents born and raised in America, then they decided to move to another country. While in the other country they decide to have a child, then decide to move back to the USA once that child is born. Said child is around the age of two or so, what happens to that child and what nationality is it?
If the parents legally moved to another country then they are citizens of that country I would imagine. The child is a citizen of that country and can probably apply for citizen status in the States... not being a lawyer this is just a guess.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by stick

If the parents are US citizens, the child is a US citizen reguardless of where he/she is born. Military goes through this all the time.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
If the parents are US citizens, the child is a US citizen reguardless of where he/she is born. Military goes through this all the time.

Adding Solman's correct answer:

Dual citizenship...my wife was born in England as her Dad was in the Navy stationed there. She has both US and English citizenship

Goose
Old 01-15-2008, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
Adding Solman's correct answer:

Dual citizenship...my wife was born in England as her Dad was in the Navy stationed there. She has both US and English citizenship

Goose
I was wondering if that would pop up around here or not. I'm in the same boat as her, but I have the US and Canada citizenship.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:33 PM

it is so strange how the american people put everyone into catagories you have the whites, hispanics, blacks, and NATIVE AMERICANS if only you the people would step back 1 foot you might realize we are all THE SAME i should know my mother was a half breed half CHEROKEE INDIAN as far as the border problem ?? it has been going on before most of us were born it has gotton worse as time goes by. WE HAVE A MORE SERIOUS ISSURE. THINK !!!!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:41 PM

Boy am I confused!

I thought this thread was about Led Zepplin's Immigrant Song. That would be more fun to discuss!

Peace,

MWG2

Quick Reply: Immigration problem